Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
yaha ha
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
been working all summer and sold just about everythin i had, spared the kayak and homemade longboards to get these bikes.
got two of the most amazing deals you or I have ever heard of. just think of what theyd ssell for and keep subtracting hundreds. im soo stoked

06 glory
- gustavs
-721 rims
-holzfeller cranks
-some other up's

04 kona stinky dee
-66rc
-dt hugi FR/ex729 wheels
-yada yada

the stink is heavy as hell for wht it is (45lbs) but its the best pedaling bike that i have and ive been doing 50min xc rides on it every night

glorys amazing, tell me your opinions on the 40 durability, glory weighs in at 42 with regular tubes and 2.5/2.2 michelins

see ya out there

Attachments

·
clyde in training
1,917 Posts
If you dont want to hurt something that nice, then you shouldn't have bought it. If you are afraid to ride it, you could always send it my way. You have some sweet bikes, so go ride it like it is supposed to be ridden.

·
yaha ha
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
well i got the kona to go as big as i may on. strong as hell.. so if u want ot bag on me for not beating the hell out of the fork that i worked so hard for and is extremely pricy for my budget.. save it

·
yaha ha
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ojai Bicyclist said:
To be honest I don't understand having a Glory to go small and a crappier Kona to go big, but they both look nice. I just think you could have gone for one or the other.
well i got both of them for cheaper than most could get te glory for..

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Its a fox. Huck that shitt yo. glorys are friggan amazing bikes and you should really get to know it better. Once you do, you will hate the kona.why dont you sell the dh parts on the kona and put All mountain parts on it and then keep the glory for freeride and downhill. I have a faith which has the same swingarm and suspension design, and if you dont think it will handle anything big than I suggest selling it, otherwise pin it.

·
yaha ha
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya i wanted to build the stink up for a SXT (cheap version) but i bought the frame with the wheels stem and bars and it ended up being 45lbs.. about 10 more than i was hoping for.. if i get enough money ill get lighter wheels, id switch rims with the glory but the glory has 36h. if i make alot alot more money id buy a cheap sxt and sell this

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
snowforner15 said:
ya i wanted to build the stink up for a SXT (cheap version) but i bought the frame with the wheels stem and bars and it ended up being 45lbs.. about 10 more than i was hoping for.. if i get enough money ill get lighter wheels, id switch rims with the glory but the glory has 36h. if i make alot alot more money id buy a cheap sxt and sell this
We are going for a shuttle right now. Meat us a the top of the trash trail.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
snowforner15 said:
glorys amazing, tell me your opinions on the 40 durability
Its a great fork, but the lowers can get scrathed very easily. It seems to happen to all the fox forks that I have owned. It has never affected performance, though. But I guess they gotta save some weight somewhere.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.