Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the sport and would appreciate any advice from the veterans out there.I have an opportunity to purchase a Trek 4500 that has been ridden three times. Most of my riding will be wood's trails on flat ground, but do intend to head for the hills and do some riding. As I know nothing about mountain bikes and do not wish to purchase something that I will later regret buying, I would appreciate advice on this bike or any other bike that would be good for a new and weekend rider.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Not a bad first bike

Welcome to mtbr forums and mountain biking. The bike is not a bad first bike and should work well for your intended purpose. Be sure to read up on proper size, and if the bike is the right size, and feels good when you ride it, give serious consideration to buying it. be warned though, if you become addicted to this sport like most of us do, you may find yourself looking to upgrade the bike at some point.

For now, if the bike fits and is the right price, I say buy it and enjoy yourself on the trails.

Ride on.

Clyde

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.