Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
New to the forum and new to riding as well. Purchased a pretty low end GT mountain bike two years ago to use around camp sites. Never really intended to do much actual trail riding. After doing a little walking on the trails with my daughter on a pack around Veterans Park, I noticed that they had added some new trails. This motivated me to pull the bike out one morning and try them out. Ever since, I have been hooked.

Just curious if anybody else is in this area and would be interested in riding? Keep in mind I am slow and still have a lot to learn. Which is one of the main reasons why I am wanting to find some other riders.

At this point, weather permitting, I am riding 5-6 times a week. My schedule is a little funky, but early mornings and later in the afternoons -- I am available for riding.

Look forward to meeting more like minded folks and learning from this forum.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Blake

Welcome! Im from Lex and live real close to VP love that trail. Two suggestions:

1. Go on facebook and like the following group
KYMBA_Bluegrass
They give trail status, group ride invites, trail day gatherings etc. You do not have to join KYMBA to join their facebook page. All you have to do is post "heading to trail "XYZ" at "insert time/date" and you will often get at least one partner for a ride. It is great when you want to head to a trail that requires a little travel you can share those expenses.
2. Consider joining KYMBA as a member.

·
Registered
6,310 Posts
I'm assuming the trails are now open in E-town. I raced there back in the day, but wasn't that area logged?

Blake, check out Devou Park (near Cinci), England - Idlewild (N. KY), and Cave Run. Cave Run has the most climbing and the harsher terrain so I would save it until you're comfortable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.