Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I'm looking to buy my first "real" bike and I've narrowed it down to either a Raleigh Mojave 5.0 or a Specialized Hardrock/Sport/Disc. The Mojave is an 08 and I could get a deal for it, $400. The base Hardrock at my LBS is 385, but I'm also thinking about the sport, or sport disc. If I need to I can wait and save up for those if needed. What is everyone's impressions with the Raleigh compared to the Specialized?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to add I'm 6'2" 275 buying the bike for exercise and weight loss. I will mainly be riding on the road and light trails. Thanks.

·
^ That's what I do
747 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Either one of those bikes would work well for you. The Hardrock Sport Disc hasslightly better drivetrain components, but is more expensive. If I were you, just starting out with cycling, I'd get the Raleigh Mojave. You won't notice the small difference in components and you can upgrade to a better bike or get better components later.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a Hardrock Sport now for 2 weeks or so. I will use it for the same riding as you. What I have read here was if you are not going to ride in mud and water the v brakes on the Sport are just fine, so I saved 80 over the disk

Brad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts