Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
226 Posts
Great looking bike. I've been eyeballing one of those. Give us a complete write up in a week or two on the linkage please.

·
Registered
244 Posts
You'll love its climbing prowess and the bottomless feel to the suspension, If set up properly.
No need for the propedal at all, except the road to the trail.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Joe! I assume you're the Joe I know ... :) ... Long time no see! In case you don't know who I am, Evers and the boys always called me English Steve. How's yours treating you? I read Chris recommends the shock be setup with 30% sag, which still means quite a bit of air for my fat ass. I'd love to pick your brain on the setup.

It does have some of the looks of a Motolite with the tall seat tube and brace, the short headtube and the size and angle of the top tube. It's no bad thing, the motolite is a good looking bike and worked really well.

-Steve

·
Registered
392 Posts
SvenPHX said:
Hey Joe! I assume you're the Joe I know ... :) ... Long time no see! In case you don't know who I am, Evers and the boys always called me English Steve. How's yours treating you? I read Chris recommends the shock be setup with 30% sag, which still means quite a bit of air for my fat ass. I'd love to pick your brain on the setup.

It does have some of the looks of a Motolite with the tall seat tube and brace, the short headtube and the size and angle of the top tube. It's no bad thing, the motolite is a good looking bike and worked really well.

-Steve

30% is equal to about 5/8 of an inch on that shock/stroke.

·
Registered
392 Posts
yea we will let chris build those space shuttle dohickeys.......enjoy the ride man.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Don't get me wrong

I can see that bike has a RP3 rear shock, Fox front fork, XT cranks, Thompson seat post, sram parts, nice wheels etc. Overall a fanfreakingtastic ride.

I was only making reference to the former owner of titus bikes Chris Corialias(sp) new effort with Pivot bikes and him changing from the FSR(which titus used) to the DW-link and how the two bikes look "somewhat" the same in design (shock placement, bracing)

I do understand the FSR and DW-Link will ride very different and both very good bikes.

I was commenting on the fact that they are the same, but different.

that should make it as clear as mud

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks a lot for your comments, it's a very very handsome bike. According to a friend, looks better in the flesh than the pics. For the record, It actually has a RP23 shock which they all come with.

-Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts