Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
East Coast Style
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so after searching and not being successful in anything, i completely forgot about my friends prophet he had for sale. for 800 bux, how could I not pick this up? barely even ridden heh. Not a big fan of the lefty though, so not really sure what kind of fork to throw on here. I want something rockshox for sure though. was thinking maybe a totem, lyrik, or domain, just not sure which. if its the totem it'd be the two step, so the bigger travel could handle freeride better and the smaller travel dj and what not. I still feel that would match the bike the best, but not too sure. What do you guys recommend on the fork? heres some pics:

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
my 2nd bike is a Prophet

acdcfan1283 said:
so after searching and not being successful in anything, i completely forgot about my friends prophet he had for sale. for 800 bux, how could I not pick this up? barely even ridden heh. Not a big fan of the lefty though, so not really sure what kind of fork to throw on here. I want something rockshox for sure though. was thinking maybe a totem, lyrik, or domain, just not sure which. if its the totem it'd be the two step, so the bigger travel could handle freeride better and the smaller travel dj and what not. I still feel that would match the bike the best, but not too sure. What do you guys recommend on the fork? heres some pics:

The travel I believe is 140mm front and rear.
The Lefty is just ok. Perfect for All mountain riding, but it's just not made for FR.
I will eventually put a PIKE on mine. I believe it is the best fit for that bike.

·
Unit 91
1,408 Posts
You wouldnt be able to put a Rock Shox Totem, Lyrick, or a Domain on there. If I recall the axle to crown max on the Prophet is something of 543 or 545 (it says in right where the downtube meets the headtube). The Pike would be a perfect match for that bike or something like a Marzocchi Z1 RC2 ETA. Your going to have you best luck doing a Pike because voiding your warranty is the last thing you wanna do. Overall though, thats a kill bike for a killer price. $2600 Prophet 1000Z for $800, damn, I envy.

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
TheProphet said:
You wouldnt be able to put a Rock Shox Totem, Lyrick, or a Domain on there. If I recall the axle to crown max on the Prophet is something of 543 or 545 (it says in right where the downtube meets the headtube). The Pike would be a perfect match for that bike or something like a Marzocchi Z1 RC2 ETA. Your going to have you best luck doing a Pike because voiding your warranty is the last thing you wanna do. Overall though, thats a kill bike for a killer price. $2600 Prophet 1000Z for $800, damn, I envy.
Well, he bought it used, so he dosn't have a warranty anyway. I still think a Pike would be a good call though.

·
East Coast Style
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nano5467 said:
Its my brothers old bike so acdcfan is getting the warranty, but pj you should get the pike or z1 thoes are good ideas
yea pike might fit it nice actually. hah u can thank nano here for running the brake lines wrong ;). Ahh, go figure Knuds cant do anything right heh. he sure can ride tho. yea worst case I can go to your brother if i need warranty issues, but i dont think id need it, at least not at this point. how long is the warranty anyways?

·
Unit 91
1,408 Posts
acdcfan1283 said:
yea pike might fit it nice actually. hah u can thank nano here for running the brake lines wrong ;). Ahh, go figure Knuds cant do anything right heh. he sure can ride tho. yea worst case I can go to your brother if i need warranty issues, but i dont think id need it, at least not at this point. how long is the warranty anyways?
The warranty on the frame should be lifetime just like any other Cannondale.

And you know what I meant by brake hosing. I meant to say hose but I kept thinking brake housing. There should be brake *hose* guides that run all the way down the frame. Utilize those.

I have been thinking about a new fork for my Prophet. I will defenitly consider a Pike but I already have one on another bike or get the 07 Z1 RC2 ETA with 150mm. That would fit awesome. And you can even do a Fox 36. That has a pretty low axle/crown I believe.

·
East Coast Style
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TheProphet said:
The warranty on the frame should be lifetime just like any other Cannondale.

And you know what I meant by brake hosing. I meant to say hose but I kept thinking brake housing. There should be brake *hose* guides that run all the way down the frame. Utilize those.

I have been thinking about a new fork for my Prophet. I will defenitly consider a Pike but I already have one on another bike or get the 07 Z1 RC2 ETA with 150mm. That would fit awesome. And you can even do a Fox 36. That has a pretty low axle/crown I believe.
yea man i checked it out n ill def re run the cables. o0o fox 36 would be pretty prime, love those things. maybe ill go with that, make it look like the 4x version ;)

Oh and to the guy above, i cut the zip tie ends heheh

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.