Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looking for a replacement to the Fox Van that came with the bike and for budget reasons am looking used. I need a 7.875 x 2 which makes things a little fun. So far I've been able to find 07 DHX Air, Fox Float R, Fox Van R with propedal or Fox Float RP2.

From what I've read it seems like people don't like the DHX Air and as far as the rest I don't have a clue.

What would you buy? Or should I not even waste my time and money on what I've listed above and save more cash for a Rock Shox or Marz setup?

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
I'm personally a big fan of Marzocchi rear shocks. I have been running a Roco Air TST R on my 07 Coiler now for about 8 months and I think it's awesome. Before that I had a Roco Air R on an 06 Dawg, which worked perfectly.

If it were my money, I'd keep saving for a Roco (or buy a cheap Fox and have it PUSH'd).

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
Seanbike said:
My Coiler is a 2004 with a 2.00 stroke. I thought Marz is only offering 2.25, what kind of problems would this create if any?
No they offer the Roco Air LO DC in a 7.88 x 2.0, which IMO is a better air shock that anything Fox has to offer. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eye to eye Travel
200 57

190 50

200x57 is 7.875 x 2.25, not the 7.875 x 2.000 I need. I don't see anywhere on their website where they offer a 200 x 50 aka 7.875 x 2.000.

Got a link to where I can find 7.875 x 2.000 aka 200 x 50 Roco?

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stupid me, I was looking at Marzocchi's website. I figured the manufacturer would know best. That aside they are a little pricey but I might be coming into some serious overtime soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.