Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Still on Training Wheels!
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After installing my new Rock Shox Pike Race and doing a few hard rides on it, I've come to the relization that my Fox Vanilla R rear shock just won't cut it any more. I want a new shock that will be plush enough on rocky single track and DH runs, and still be able to take larger jumps and drops. I'm looking at the Romic D or the Swinger 3 or 4way. I know someone will chime in with the Vanilla RC and have it Pushed, but if i was goint to go that route I would just get a DHX fo a little more. I am on a buget so I'm looking for the best bang for the buck and the romic and swingers seem to fit the bill, my biggest question is which on will suit my needs and my bike best .

Any sugestions would be very appreciated.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Whatsup Jay? How's it goin dude? We need to go riding again!!!

As far as shock I'd look into the Swingers, they definitely seem to be pretty common on the market and can easily be found used at good prices. I don't know if it'll fit but if its the right size you could try out the Swinger 4-Way from my AC for a little bit and see if you like it.

·
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definetly need to hook up again Tony. With this crap weather were getting I've only been able to do a little urban stuff, and with my coiler being my only bike it kind of sucks. Man I want a Hardtail bad!

Trying your swinger for ride would be awsome. If i'm not mistaken my shock size is a
7 7/8 i2i X 2.0 stroke, but I also want to see if a 7 7/8 X 2.25 would fit for a little added travel!

·
MattSavage
2,481 Posts
Swingers don't come with a 2.25 stroke, only 2.0 in a 7 7/8" i2i. Romics come in a 2.25 in an 8" i2i That might work.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
with the Vanilla RC and have it Pushed, but if i was goint to go that route I would just get a DHX fo a little more. I am on a buget

PUSHED AND IT WILL STILL BE BETTER THAN A DHX

·
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How so SMT?

Sorry I'm still a noob at thiis stuff. I know they specificly valve it for my wieght and riding style, but couldn't i tune the DHX to feel the same?

·
eci
2,712 Posts
1. Avalanche
2. Romic
3. Pushed Vanilla RC
4. Progressive 5th element
5. DHX

for the pushed shock you would need to get a vanilla rc(piggyback) and send it to push(loveland area). The avalanche is the most expensive custom tuned and rocks. You can test out my fork and feel the buttery smoothness.

·
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Todd

Just got your PM, and would definetly be down. CHeck your PM's

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
drum714 said:
Definetly need to hook up again Tony. With this crap weather were getting I've only been able to do a little urban stuff, and with my coiler being my only bike it kind of sucks. Man I want a Hardtail bad!

Trying your swinger for ride would be awsome. If i'm not mistaken my shock size is a
7 7/8 i2i X 2.0 stroke, but I also want to see if a 7 7/8 X 2.25 would fit for a little added travel!
Yeah dude the weather sucks! I haven't been out sinec Wednesday morning (rode the djs at Goose for a few hours) I'm ready to get out again.

If you wanna try the shock give me a PM or call my cell. Its posted a lot on the CO board I think... or PM me and I'll hook ya with the #

·
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I think this is the route that i'll go. As soon as I hear back from them I'll order it up!

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
drum714 said:
Yeah I think this is the route that i'll go. As soon as I hear back from them I'll order it up!
If it warms up at all this week wanna go riding?

·
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Definetly would be up for a ride. I work durring the evenings so it would have to be a morning ride, but that proboby screws with your school schedule. Todd(snowskilz) and I might try to hit up Palmer on sunday.

·
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well Finaly got a hold with push and the shocks are all sold so I'm back to square one. What shock to get?

·
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just don't have $600 bucks to throw away on a new shock. On top of that it would be a complet waste to put an Avy on my 5 inch Coiler.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.