Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Do it for Deegan
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My shimano zee shifter just got here and it came with a new cable. I was going to use the cable that came in my new jagwire kit. Should I just use the one the shifter came with as a backup? I dont have any shimano housing so I imagine the jagwire housing should have the jagwire cable in it.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Well, you can take the cable out of the shifter and install the one from Jagwire, or you can do nothing at all and just use the shimano one already installed. All depends on how much spare time you have.

·
Trail Tire TV on blogger
4,237 Posts
all depends.. is it coated? is the Jagwire coated (will be black instead of silver) reason I ask isn't the coasting its self but the actual thickness of the cable. usually the coasted cables are thinner.. If you have the ripcord Jagwire's they are coated, and the smaller diameter cable. try and throw the thicker cables in and it's be to tight and kinda drag.

if they are coated, you should be fine using either.. again diameter is really the only issue.. if you have calipers just check them both as the Shimano cables are nice. Otherwise.. use the Jagwire

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.