Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in a previous thread, it was said that westbrook maine would be getting a new skatepark,
supposedly 30,000 dollars was donated to build the park.
i have just found a news paper article saying that the city council has approved 100,000 dollars to be used, plus 60,000 dollars in donations.
in the other thread people said that it would cost upwards of 200,000 dollars for a decent park, but the city has said that local contractors would be dontaing there time to build the park.
the park is schedualed to be built in march/april of 2006

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
urbanfreerider666 said:
in a previous thread, it was said that westbrook maine would be getting a new skatepark,
supposedly 30,000 dollars was donated to build the park.
i have just found a news paper article saying that the city council has approved 100,000 dollars to be used, plus 60,000 dollars in donations.
in the other thread people said that it would cost upwards of 200,000 dollars for a decent park, but the city has said that local contractors would be dontaing there time to build the park.
the park is schedualed to be built in march/april of 2006
thats great to hear, u should send some ideas in to the architects just to get em started

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JBsoxB said:
get a foam pit! you guys would progress soo much faster.

it would be awsome.
that would be sick, maybe we can build near the river or something and just set up a huge ramp into the river and save some cash, cheap but still effective.

seriously though, a foam pit would be sick

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pdhb said:
Why do so many people obsess about faom pits?! Quit talking about how much you would progress with one and get out there and actually progress!
people talk about them so much because they want one, but they arent exactly cheap and easily maintained

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah I understand that, but there are other things you can use besides a foam pit. Like you already said a ramp into a lake. Or grind up some mulch make a huge pile with a ramp infront, atleast with that you can ride away, and if you crash it will atleast take the edge off.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pdhb said:
Yeah I understand that, but there are other things you can use besides a foam pit. Like you already said a ramp into a lake. Or grind up some mulch make a huge pile with a ramp infront, atleast with that you can ride away, and if you crash it will atleast take the edge off.
good idea with the mulch but i dont think the city would be into that

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
pdhb said:
that's brilliant.... i did it onece.... and i over shot and landed into a porto potty.

i cracked the wall.

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
urbanfreerider666 said:
people talk about them so much because they want one, but they arent exactly cheap and easily maintained
Ill be honest man, foam pits can be fun but I personally dont find myself progressing much in them. For huge tricks, sure, they make some sense but sometimes they can be a hindrance as well. Mentally, its just a different ballgame when you are jumping doubles or even ramps. The pit doesn't prep you for that and in the end, confidence and commitment are the name of the game if you don't want to get folded. The pit can help you get the feel of the trick but it doesn't give you the rest. This is strictly my opinion, I know many others who feel exactly the opposite way and thats cool too. Whatever gets you there, ya know?

One thing to consider is what you'll do with a pit outside. You get enough rain there to make it a problem. Maybe in SoCal an outdoor pit would work but Id steer clear of it in Maine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.