Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
if you haven't got anything nice to say, don't......
Thank you SMT.

The Ram Chopper was quoted at $4k U.S. dollars.

As of yet, no floating rear brake. I have not detected any brake induced suspension movement or suspension lock out. The suspension design on the DH frame is the same as the FR frame.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
JohnyJammer said:
Thank you SMT.

The Ram Chopper was quoted at $4k U.S. dollars.

As of yet, no floating rear brake. I have not detected any brake induced suspension movement or suspension lock out. The suspension design on the DH frame is the same as the FR frame.
I wouldn't know how that is possible...single pivot = brake jack through stutter bumbs

4k what is the MTBR deal????

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
I wouldn't know how that is possible...single pivot = brake jack through stutter bumbs

4k what is the MTBR deal????
Sorry SMT. That is his quote to me. Maybe if you try e-mailing him at [email protected] and tell him who you are; then he might give you the low bro.

As for the suspension design, it is not a single pivot. There is a linkage in there, as a matter of fact, there are two linkages. One is above the BB and one is below. The pics are not so good, but they are there.

·
Registered
314 Posts
JohnyJammer said:
Sorry SMT. That is his quote to me. Maybe if you try e-mailing him at [email protected] and tell him who you are; then he might give you the low bro.

As for the suspension design, it is not a single pivot. There is a linkage in there, as a matter of fact, there are two linkages. One is above the BB and one is below. The pics are not so good, but they are there.
The swing arm is on linkages?

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
I like the linkage design, but the seat angle is autrocious and you have to have your seat up way high before you even get close to the a decent position on the bike.

Oh well, i LOVE garage bikes and hope well for the guy.

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
hey one simple question for ya..

JohnyJammer said:
You are going to have to e-mail him, I am only the messenger.

[email protected]
[email protected]

I paid $1800.00 for the DH frame with a Manitou METEL RP w/Ti Coil
Are the electrical tape cable tabs included in the frame price or do I have to supply my own??

Seriously, while I applaud the effort, the bikes sure could've used some refinement before you started posting pics of them. Some paint, maybe cable guides, simple things like that would've helped people take it a bit more serious, maybe. But that's just my opinion. Like others, I wish him luck.

BTW, that linkage reminds me of the RM RM series bikes.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
red5 said:
Are the electrical tape cable tabs included in the frame price or do I have to supply my own??

Seriously, while I applaud the effort, the bikes sure could've used some refinement before you started posting pics of them. Some paint, maybe cable guides, simple things like that would've helped people take it a bit more serious, maybe. But that's just my opinion. Like others, I wish him luck.

BTW, that linkage reminds me of the RM RM series bikes.
Those details were my doing. Paint is going on this week, as for the rest, that is how I want it. Only I am trading in the electrical tape for zipties.

You are right, the seriousness of his effort is only measured by how many cable guides he tacks on, or by how many colors he lays on it.

·
user-created
3,174 Posts
JohnyJammer said:
You are right, the seriousness of his effort is only measured by how many cable guides he tacks on, or by how many colors he lays on it.
That's a pretty obnoxious thing to say. I wouldn't have bought my current frame if the example in the catalog was unpainted with cables taped to it.

Putting fuzzy pics of unfinished pre-prodcution models on the web is not a good way to sell bikes.

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
Not

JohnyJammer said:
Those details were my doing. Paint is going on this week, as for the rest, that is how I want it. Only I am trading in the electrical tape for zipties.

a wee bit touchy are we. Sorry if you can't take some constructive criticism. I was only try to say, that if the bikes looked more touched up people might look at them in a more serious light. Did you miss the good points of what was said or were you too busy trying to find the negative.

Do you think people would still buy V10's if they didn't have paint or cable guides and looked all unfinished and half-azzed. Seriously, you can't tell me that from an asthetic point of view that his bikes look better than a V10 or M3. No way. Now that's not too say they don't have potential, but seriously. Would you buy a car that didn't have paint, carpet, windows and doors that where held on by tape??? Get my point. Presentation is key and this one lacks a bit, that all I'm saying. So quite being a tool and try to recognize when others are trying to help and keep it positive.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.