Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have up to 4 bikes I carry and I have big diesel 3/4 ton truck I am tiring of using everytime I go ride. I have a sportworks tray rack that hooks the wheels now and does not touch the frame.
I will replace that with one that expands to 4.

But here is my question.

I want to use my car to get to the trails now, and this would only ever need to transport 2 bikes at the most.
I dont want a hangar...I dont want to touch the frame. Is a roof rack my only option...? I change cars every year and would the roof system need to changed as well??

·
Registered
457 Posts
you would have to get different peices for the towers each time you change cars ... a hitch rack may be your best option for changing cars so often ... depending on what kind of car ... you can get up to a class III or higher hitch (more commonly on cars tho are class I and II which is 1.25 receiver) ...

there are a few options for racks that dont touch the frames at all .. it mostly comes down to how much you want to spend ...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.