Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New project.....

4K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  tg26 
#1 ·
.....When I ride my large prophet for more than 2 hours I always get lower back pain due to the short cockpit especially on longer climbs....
Went to the lbs and test rode a Rush in L which felt much, much better....Since I don't like the low bb height I was indecisive and Murphy's law happened when I actually did decide to go back and buy it.
Lbs was really cool and looked up dealer inventory try to locate another one, but no luck... :cryin:
Even tried to get a left over warranty frame from the rep. but no more Rush bikes are available...
So I did the usual...eBay, craiglist, mtbr classified etc. and actually found one! :D
2009 Rush 7 bone stock in excellent condition with original receipt, warranty card(s) etc.
Stripped it down to the frame yesterday and I'm in the process now to build her up with my Prophet parts and some new "blingies" ...
I will hold on to my Prophet frame though since that thing is actually my all-time favorite but not really suited for the trails around here I guess.... :rolleyes:
Anyways, just wanted to share.....:D :D

#3 ·
Hello,

I enjoy a marvellous Rush. I don't know the trails you ride, but for me is the ultimate bike. I use to just ride a bicycle you know: uphill, downhill, rock gardens, marathon races, enduro races, etc. The only thing I don't do with my Rush is jump, specially more than 50 cm jumps. I think is not because the bike, is just me. I'm too much afraid about get damage... problems with work and things like that.

Hope to see some photos when you finish your new project.

Enjoy and be happy!

PRM

#5 ·
I'm using my Lefty max carbon spv which I have reduced to 110mm.
That way I don't have to worry about snapping my headtube as the fork has an identical axle to crown ratio like the 110 sl lefty now.
I also reduced the length and stroke of my manitou swinger 3 way air for now only until I get the new one I ordered....
Some of the new parts include ss brake and shifter lines lines, Hope rear wheel skewer and seatpost qr, KMC chain in gold, Raceface deus handlebar in gold, XO fd and rd etc.
I will post pics as soon as I get the new parts....ordered today, will be shipped 3 day select from blingbikes.com
All the leftover parts (not my Prophet frame though) will be put on eBay.
Btw...I only paid $640.- for the Rush....:D
It's white with black and orange...:thumbsup:

#6 ·
The Rush is still a very good trail bike. Last year I gave mine a new life with 650b (27.5") wheels. A highly recomended upgrade for the Rush.

It raises the already low BB by about 1/4", no other geometry change other than a slight increase in steering trail, not noticable. Still handles the tight singletrack great like the Rush always did but the big wheels seem to roll faster and over the rough better, also a slight increase in tire traction is noticed.

While my buddy is replacing broken and creaky swingarms on his $6K SuperFly, I just put some Stans in the tires and keep riding my lightweight big wheel full suspension rig. 24.2lbs with 650b wheels and 2.3" Neo Moto tires.

The fly swatter;

Visit the 650b forums and search for Rush for more 650b conversions on this already fine trail bike.

#7 ·
Great looking bike... A few years ago I put some 650b wheels on my Prophet to raise the BB and just out of curiosity, I was surprised at how much better it felt rolling over rocks and roots especially on the climbs where you dont have momentum to just plow though.

Now I am ridding a 650B Heckler.

superv43 said:
The Rush is still a very good trail bike. Last year I gave mine a new life with 650b (27.5") wheels. A highly recomended upgrade for the Rush.

It raises the already low BB by about 1/4", no other geometry change other than a slight increase in steering trail, not noticable. Still handles the tight singletrack great like the Rush always did but the big wheels seem to roll faster and over the rough better, also a slight increase in tire traction is noticed.

While my buddy is replacing broken and creaky swingarms on his $6K SuperFly, I just put some Stans in the tires and keep riding my lightweight big wheel full suspension rig. 24.2lbs with 650b wheels and 2.3" Neo Moto tires.

The fly swatter;

Visit the 650b forums and search for Rush for more 650b conversions on this already fine trail bike.

#10 ·
superv43 said:

The fly swatter;

24.2 very nice!

Did your frame have the swingarm brace?

Are those hollowgrams?

#11 ·
ASI CA said:
Two great looking bikes!
You can say that again!!!

Thanks to the 650b board for getting me going. I'm half way through my B54 project and am documenting it to a degree here...

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=664823

I'm liking the Lloyd Ultra120 thoughts. The 130 is a little flighty in the handling, but I'm going to wait until I try it with the 650b wheels to make a final decision....

The project may become a B2010.... ;)

#12 · (Edited)
Called Blingbikes today to check on the status of my order and they told me that they are still waiting for a few items....:madman:
I hate ordering only to find out that things are on back order.... :madmax:
It's been a week now...I hope I get it soon since I wanted to finish my bike b4 xmas......:rolleyes:
btw...can anyone enlighten me and tell me why the stock shock on the Rush has a 1.75" stroke instead of 2"?
I installed a new manitou s type sr spv which is 7.5" i2i with a 2' stroke and don't have any clearance issues....released all the air and completely compressed the shock...nothing....swingarm brace has enough clearance and the tires do to....
What's up with that???????

#13 ·
She's done! (Only missing my HOPE seat post collar...I received the wrong size:mad: )
Not a lightweight but she sure is beautiful.... :D

Attachments

#16 ·
Duncan1104 said:
What derailleur housings are those? Are they Jagwire's and what color are they?
Yep, they're made by Jagwire so are the Hyflo brake hoses.
Color is called "Sterling Silver".
Btw, I replaced the white grips with some black cannondale lock on ones instead that are a bit more cushy and less prone to show all the dirt :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.