Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered it immediately after Interbike. Was initially due in Dec, but after having it scrapped from first production run and then numerous delays, it's finally here.

This is my wife's, a small...she's stoked! I have an 03 SB but I am a little envious...the color is *****in.

Attachments

·
Paper or plastic?
10,634 Posts
Seatpost question

My question is: how does she like the setback seatpost? On mine, also a small, I use a straight Thomson, and it's about perfect for climbing. Any more setback, and I'm afraid it'd shift the weight back too much.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Good news?

dodger said:
Ordered it immediately after Interbike. Was initially due in Dec, but after having it scrapped from first production run and then numerous delays, it's finally here.

This is my wife's, a small...she's stoked! I have an 03 SB but I am a little envious...the color is *****in.
Does this mean everybody who had a delayed Motolite or Racer X should be expecting their frames soon too? I hope this is true!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
zorg said:
My question is: how does she like the setback seatpost? On mine, also a small, I use a straight Thomson, and it's about perfect for climbing. Any more setback, and I'm afraid it'd shift the weight back too much.
Yep, she's 5' 7". The post choice was mostly for cost (for $12 at Supergo you can't go wrong) The seat angle measures out at about 73 so a little offset is OK. We do have the seat fairly far forward on the rails to compensate. Today was the first ride and she was climbing like a billygoat and not wheelieing like on her OLD Marin (which was never intened for a 5" fork...yielded a 67 deg HA and 70 deg SA...yikes!

Couldn't tell you if this means the delay are over? I will say Titus was way cool...always gave us the straight dope, and compensated for our weight with a complimentary jersey and socks...SWEET!

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
Wow, a jersey and socks? That's like $70 or so. Way cool of them.

The ML does climb well. I'm not sure if it gives up anything over my rx100 in climbing. I think it also can take a setback post better than the RX.

·
Registered
648 Posts
rensho said:
Wow, a jersey and socks? That's like $70 or so. Way cool of them.

The ML does climb well. I'm not sure if it gives up anything over my rx100 in climbing. I think it also can take a setback post better than the RX.
Rensho, how was your ride on RX100? How did it compare to RX80 or the ML?

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
sungchang said:
Rensho, how was your ride on RX100? How did it compare to RX80 or the ML?
I've forced myself to ride the rx100 for the last 3weeks. It is nice and soaks the bumps a lot better than the old rx80. I've realized now how comfortable i was with the rx80 and how focused it was. With the RLT80 fork on there, it was a missle. Just too harsh relative to the rx100. where i would use to be throw in the air when i hit a sharp bump, the rx100 would soak up most of it and not throw me up, or atleast not as high. I'm comfortable enough now on the rx100 where i can bunny hop/jump most things in my way at speed. Since you know st. joe, i'm talking about the multiple bumps on the back side of the top of st. joe. I roll down at 30+mph and jump the three bumps, turn left, jump the rutted one, turn right hop the really rutted section. It takes a while to dial in the balance of the bike, or else jumps and hops are way off balance. Add a cliff, speed and ruts...
The landings are more composed on the longer travel bikes. I still haven't done any tight singletracks, to get the feel for both bikes. I've sold the rx80, so too late there. I feel the rx100 is already the short bike now. In another 2-3 weeks, i'll be back on the ML full time and see how it goes. My gut feel is the ML will get all the riding time in the end. It climbs really well.

We'll meet up and you can try either bike.

Sorry to take the thread away from the pretty blue ML. I like that color. I'm glad to hear all the MLs are starting to come in. The Titus forum has been a little dead.

·
Registered
648 Posts
rensho said:
I've forced myself to ride the rx100 for the last 3weeks. It is nice and soaks the bumps a lot better than the old rx80. I've realized now how comfortable i was with the rx80 and how focused it was. With the RLT80 fork on there, it was a missle. Just too harsh relative to the rx100. where i would use to be throw in the air when i hit a sharp bump, the rx100 would soak up most of it and not throw me up, or atleast not as high. I'm comfortable enough now on the rx100 where i can bunny hop/jump most things in my way at speed. Since you know st. joe, i'm talking about the multiple bumps on the back side of the top of st. joe. I roll down at 30+mph and jump the three bumps, turn left, jump the rutted one, turn right hop the really rutted section. It takes a while to dial in the balance of the bike, or else jumps and hops are way off balance. Add a cliff, speed and ruts...
The landings are more composed on the longer travel bikes. I still haven't done any tight singletracks, to get the feel for both bikes. I've sold the rx80, so too late there. I feel the rx100 is already the short bike now. In another 2-3 weeks, i'll be back on the ML full time and see how it goes. My gut feel is the ML will get all the riding time in the end. It climbs really well.
Wow 30+ mph in that section is way way too fast for me. After couple of falls, I'm way too cautious coming down. You could say I'm not after speed, and I never worry about getting tickets by the rangers...that's how slow I'm coming down.

I would love to check them out sometime. Also if you have time, I would love to get your advice in dialing my RX80 sometime.

I really like the look and function of ML, but I will have to wait for a while for it...with 3rd kid on the way, $$$ is tight for a while.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.