Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two long months of waiting and the bike is finally ready to roll. I've put on a few pounds that now must come off but I'm concerned about this Whiskey "Death March" coming up. Surviving that will be an even greater miracle.

·
Banned
1,004 Posts
AZClydesdale said:
Two long months of waiting and the bike is finally ready to roll. I've put on a few pounds that now must come off but I'm concerned about this Whiskey "Death March" coming up. Surviving that will be an even greater miracle.
I wish I had one of those cute little pictures to post that said

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS

Just kidding, congrats.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not above Blackmail

Geoff ~ I'll buy you a beer if you promise to never post the Santa Clause (Rex) and Cptn Morgan (AZC) pic again. New pic will be posted tonight.

I'll be coming out to play but may not be able make WNR due to work.
Plus, this is the first ride in a while so it could get ugly!

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
AZClydesdale said:
Geoff ~ I'll buy you a beer if you promise to never post the Santa Clause (Rex) and Cptn Morgan (AZC) pic again. New pic will be posted tonight.

I'll be coming out to play but may not be able make WNR due to work.
Plus, this is the first ride in a while so it could get ugly!
Agreed.

You should come out tonight at 6:30 at T100. We are meeting by my house at the end of 32nd Street off of Shea.

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
waltaz said:
Yours, or skinny's?
Skinny can't ride tonight. In addition, Kristi Kon mass emailed that they are meeting at the end of 32nd Street. Dan thinks the meeting point may be at his house. So, its a big mess. No matter where you go, you will eventually find us. I will email you my address if you want to meet at my house.

·
Banned
1,004 Posts
Dirdir said:
Skinny can't ride tonight. In addition, Kristi Kon mass emailed that they are meeting at the end of 32nd Street. Dan thinks the meeting point may be at his house. So, its a big mess. No matter where you go, you will eventually find us. I will email you my address if you want to meet at my house.
oh, just post it in public... what are you afraid of, hooligans?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[pic stolen from DH forum]

I can't make tonight but I will be local Thurs thru Sat and in Prescott Sunday.

"Blessed are the Hooligans, for they do no-handers over earth DJs."

Attachments

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
AZClydesdale said:
I can't make tonight but I will be local Thurs thru Sat and in Prescott Sunday.

"Blessed are the Hooligans, for they do no-handers over earth DJs."
That is very clever...

Steve - You gonna ride tonight? It's AFTER work...

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes DHF, 2 months ago.

X5 has lasted the longest of all previous frames, 7 mnths. None of the previous frames were Ventana. I broke the weld as the seattube sits on top of the BB platform. Sherwood added gussetts to the front and back of this area. This is the same frame. They stripped it, X-rayed it for fractures, reinforced it, and sent it off for a new powder coat. I went with a darker charcoal for that "new bike feel".

For others reading, I don't mean to come across as defensive but all aluminum breaks. Some frames much quicker than others.

About the Ventana support, Sherwood Gibson called me immediately after hearing and went in detail for all demensions and ride info. He then got the frame, inspected it, and beefed up the area. Incorporating these gussetts in all stock X5 frames would likely just be a weight penalty. I knew from the start that I should probably be looking at a full custom aluminum (if not just good ol' fashion steel) but there were not enough quarters in my piggy bank. Again, sorry to be defensive...I read alot of unfounded crap lately. I am a very happy Ventana customer.

·
Banned
1,004 Posts
AZClydesdale said:
Yes DHF, 2 months ago.

X5 has lasted the longest of all previous frames, 7 mnths. None of the previous frames were Ventana. I broke the weld as the seattube sits on top of the BB platform. Sherwood added gussetts to the front and back of this area. This is the same frame. They stripped it, X-rayed it for fractures, reinforced it, and sent it off for a new powder coat. I went with a darker charcoal for that "new bike feel".

For others reading, I don't mean to come across as defensive but all aluminum breaks. Some frames much quicker than others.

About the Ventana support, Sherwood Gibson called me immediately after hearing and went in detail for all demensions and ride info. He then got the frame, inspected it, and beefed up the area. Incorporating these gussetts in all stock X5 frames would likely just be a weight penalty. I knew from the start that I should probably be looking at a full custom aluminum (if not just good ol' fashion steel) but there were not enough quarters in my piggy bank. Again, sorry to be defensive...I read alot of unfounded crap lately. I am a very happy Ventana customer.
Cool, glad you got hooked up. Guess "AZClydesdale" is more than just a clever name, huh. It's just suprising to me since Burley said you were such a p*ssy.

Bike looks real nice. I'll make it to that side of town one day...but then again, Dirdir in person kind of scared me away from the T100 mafia...

J/K,
DHF

·
MTBR Tool
831 Posts
AZClydesdale said:
Shoulder punch coming when you least expect it Burely!
Yeah, I need to get off my ass and ride now.
I'll see you soon
Nice colour Steve - I have to admit that when you told me you had chosen "Charcoal" I groaned inwardly. The pics look great!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.