Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Totally, and to the max.
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In light of all the trash talking recently, I decided to surf the big ol' Information Superhighway to see if I couldn't find me some sort of software that could filter out all that bickery gobbly guck as of late. After hours of intense searching, seems like I found it! Check it out. It's called BickerFilter™ 1.0. It's got some sophisticated algorithm that scans posts for words and phrases that are deemed negative and/or inflammatory and deletes it or replaces it with a synonymous word or phrase. It really works!

For example, in the thread regarding the shuttling of Juaquin Miller Park:

trail surgeon said:
If someone posts that they have been shuttling, buzzing hikers, illegally building log jumps in the park, riding illegal trails..that exit by town Lower Palos Colorados is closed to bikes.. then how is a reader not supposed to judge them by their own text. If the facts are different than their text, shoold the reader just assume that all of their posts are lies?!?
This reply become this:

trail surgeon said:
Are hikers in the park that text the facts different than the reader that posts lies?
I'm not sure what that means but check this out:

imridingmybike said:
get off your high horse, trail sturgeon - we're all here to ride bikes and have fun - atleast the rest of us are. if you think by playing judge, jury and executioner that you will accomplish any good - you're wrong. Pointing out the splinter in your neighbors eye, while ignoring the plank in your own is pure idiocy.
Becomes this!

imridingmybike said:
You're the only way to ride horse trails. We're all here to ride bikes and have fun. Play, you will accomplish. Pointing the bike down your neighbors plank is pure.
Totally cool!!! But wait, there's more!

Blue Shorts said:
Why don't you just post maps of the entire area..... put up signs at every trail intersection and tie MTBR colored baloons to the signs!! Then contact the Hiway Patrol so that they can direct traffic as the crowds approach the site.

You could also rent a couple of buses so that everyone can arrive together. I'll contact the local rangers to make sure that they save parking spaces for all of you.

Don't forget to post your names, photos and driver's license #'s here on the site that we can give to the rangers just in case someone gets lost.
Blue Shorts said:
I just mapped Chupacabra and posted it online!
That's wicked coolio! Thanks for the gnar-gnar, Bruce!

And looking back on some older posts:

Pete said:
Blue is my favorite color
Becomes:

Pete said:
By saying that blue is my favorite color, I really mean that blue IS my favorite color and in no way am I trying to dig at Justin for trying to make a point that the NorCal board is open to any topic of conversation, even if it is as mundane as your favorite color. I also like purple.
So there you have it. BickerFilter 1.0 really works. Download it today and see for yourself! :thumbsup:

- K-max [bored and home sick]

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Schweeettt!!

Lemme tell you sumptin kids...

..but wait there's more!!!

Lovely, so lovely, it makes everything into Yoda speak!! :thumbsup:

*but is this legit, or are you having as much fun as us?? ;)

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,168 Posts
Hah!
Classic. Now the true test of the technology would be the "Yeild M...F.... Yeild!" thread over on Passion a short while ago.

·
We need more wax
307 Posts
the best thing I have read since "STFU and ride your bike"

thanks for bringing some levity to the forum - justbob

·
Nature Rider, Not MTBer
2,695 Posts
That sounds like a great product! Before I download, can you provide a demo of how it would alter the following quote?

Plim said:
You are a scoundrel and a scallywag. You have violated my rights under both United States and international law. Your derivative work of "the third lamest picture in the universe," that you probably threw together while you laughed at the U.S. Constitution and peed and stomped on our sacred flag, is a flagrant copyright violation. This pirating of my creative non-genius will not stand! I will sue the pants off you. I will then live in your new Morgan Hill house, laughing happily as I relax in the yard or pedal your Nomad off to Coe. Your family will cry as you huddle outside in the cold.
Hope you get better soon! Being sick sucks.

·
Totally, and to the max.
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Absolutely, Plimster!

Lemme just calibrate it, and [zurb...pong...zing...ding...buzz...urngurng....bleeep]

Plim said:
Yer a scoundrel and a filthy scallywag. Arrrrr, matey! Blimey, me rights has been bilge sucked from th' briney deep. Y'otta be drugged thru Davey Joneses locker lest ye be receivin' yer floggin'. Shiver me timbers! Yar be sleepin' on th' poop deck whilst me be pillagin' yer crow's nest, ya scurvy dogs! Gangway, me hearties, time fer some grub!
Sorry, looks like it was in Pirate Mode. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
That's some cool ****!

Now, what about these happy characters, Trail Surgeon and Blue Shorts? I think some of my buddies and I would like to take them on a ride. All in good fun, of course! :eek:

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
K-max said:
Absolutely, Plimster!

Lemme just calibrate it, and [zurb...pong...zing...ding...buzz...urngurng....bleeep]

Sorry, looks like it was in Pirate Mode. :rolleyes:
Little do you guys know, Kyle has been in pirate mode for 2 months. I'll leave it up to your imagination where that must have come from. ;)

Get well soon Kyle. Let's ride!

·
Paper or plastic?
10,686 Posts
Meet K-max' relatives

rensho said:
Little do you guys know, Kyle has been in pirate mode for 2 months. I'll leave it up to your imagination where that must have come from. ;)
Avast, me hearties!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.