Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at forks for my 26” bike and the Pike 150 fits the bill perfectly. I am also considering long term options though, and if in 2-3 years I move to 650b, can I just buy new lowers and the appropriate air shaft to make the fork a 160mm 650b model? Is it that simple?

Or are the uppers and/or internals very different between the 26 and 650b models?

EDIT: I am only interested in the solo air models.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Why don't you buy the 27.5 version now instead of making changes later. I have a Reign SX and unless RS puts the charger damper in Lyrik I will buy the 160 27.5 Pike.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
650 version is a taller A2C (for the same travel) and a 150 26" Pike is already stretching the limits for my frame.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
480 Posts
Why don't you just buy the right fork and if you move to 650 bike then buy a 650 fork. who knows what cool fork will be out in a few years..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why don't you just buy the right fork and if you move to 650 bike then buy a 650 fork. who knows what cool fork will be out in a few years..

That's what I hope to do. Just curious if I'd have the option to rebuild the fork to suit a new bike down the road.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
480 Posts
Honestly you can buy a used one if you're really worried about saving money. Buying lowers can be almost as expensive as buying a used fork. When it's time sell your old stuff to buy your new stuff :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts