Lift access mountain biking???

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,025 Posts
Tram to the top of Humphrey's?

·
Registered
67 Posts
A heavy petting zoo with purple unicorns that sh#t out gum balls?
Is acid included with the price of admission?

But this seriously could be awesome. More and more ski resorts are realizing the potential of summer income through mountain biking and if he's a business man then I would have to think it's a no brainer...especially since there really isn't another lift served option in AZ.

·
Meatbomb
7,088 Posts
This is a quote from the article about Durango Resort.. Maybe he has similar plans for snow bowl?

“My top priorities will be to find ways to extend the ski season as much as possible, increase terrain, expedite improvements in the approved mountain master plan, increase summer activities and generally create an exceptional experience for skiers, snowboarders and mountain lovers,” he said.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is a quote from the article about Durango Resort.. Maybe he has similar plans for snow bowl?

“My top priorities will be to find ways to extend the ski season as much as possible, increase terrain, expedite improvements in the approved mountain master plan, increase summer activities and generally create an exceptional experience for skiers, snowboarders and mountain lovers,” he said.
The guy sounds legit but who knows? He is a skier and lives in Durango so I bet he values mountain biking as well. In an updated article he claims to continue with improvements including the new high speed quad. Either way it can't be any worse than it's been. I'm excited for some change.

Today's article.

Arizona Snowbowl sells to Colo. businessman

·
The .05 percent
1,047 Posts
From what I have gotten out of their making guy, the only hold back to bikes is a new chair lift. I am pretty sure that management realizes the potential for profits associated with a quality bike program.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Of the two ski resorts the guy already owns, one offers lift supported mountain biking and one doesn't. So the odds are 50-50.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,025 Posts
Snowbowl Village.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts