Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

141 - 160 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
So, I'm a new Rise owner (purchased from Jenson's) and apparently received a Euro spec bike (25kph limit and kph's only speed setting.) I've seen others in this thread with same problem. I've made an inquiry to Orbea and received nothing helpful - followed up and am awaiting their reply. Have also contacted Jenson's...

Has anyone resolved this? Anybody have any details on how and what needs to be done to correct? Can any Shimano dealer update? Will it require an Orbea dealer? Can an end user make change?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Can anyone who is 5’8-5’9 range tell me what size you went with. I ride a medium in Ibis bikes and thought they ran kind of small but the size chart on the Orbea site makes me think I should be on a large. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Can anyone who is 5’8-5’9 range tell me what size you went with. I ride a medium in Ibis bikes and thought they ran kind of small but the size chart on the Orbea site makes me think I should be on a large. Any input would be appreciated.
I'm just over 5'9". With a 50mm stem stock, you have a lot of room to bring the bars in if you need to, with a Large. Would be awkward to go longer on a Medium. Also, the reach on a L (474) is stated with a 140mm 34, whose AC is 547. If you're going to run a 150 36, you're looking at 561, which shortens the reach about 5mm.

That said, there's something to be said for a shorter ebike, IMO. My other two bikes have a 480ish reach, and I'm real comfortable on my Rise at about 465 (running 160 fork), though I'm running a stem thats 15mm longer than the other bikes.

·
Registered
788 Posts
So, I'm a new Rise owner (purchased from Jenson's) and apparently received a Euro spec bike (25kph limit and kph's only speed setting.) I've seen others in this thread with same problem. I've made an inquiry to Orbea and received nothing helpful - followed up and am awaiting their reply. Have also contacted Jenson's...

Has anyone resolved this? Anybody have any details on how and what needs to be done to correct? Can any Shimano dealer update? Will it require an Orbea dealer? Can an end user make change?

No matter what the outcome, Jenson needs to cover the cost and effort.

·
Registered
788 Posts
What cost is that? I ask because I have an M10 on order through Jensen. Luckily for me Jensen is about 30 miles from my house.
Most Shimano dealers will charge you for any work like this (firmware reinstall, wheel circumference change, etc).

And while it is lucky that Jenson is 30 miles away, isn't it a pain in the a$$ that you need to spend $30 in car wear and tear and 2+ hours of your time to get it fixed?

Your local shop or Jenson should have done a once over on the bike and verified everything before delivering it to you (including the crank arm fix).

I hope you get it sorted soon. You'll love the bike.

·
dirt surfer
30 Posts

If you download the shimano e-tube app on your phone, turn on your rise and then go through the process of connecting to the bike via bluetooth. Once connected, you can go into settings and make changes.

·
Registered
788 Posts
If you download the shimano e-tube app on your phone, turn on your rise and then go through the process of connecting to the bike via bluetooth. Once connected, you can go into settings and make changes.
You can't change a Euro spec bike to a US spec bike with the eTube app.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Rick, I thought I read you had a similar problem with the speed presentation...how did you fix? I've gone through the Garmin options and everything seems correct. The Orbea data fields don't provide an option for MPH.

Love the bike. Moved the dissector to the rear and am running a 2.5 DHF in front. Great range and handling.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I couldn't find an option...what am I missing? Thanks!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Rick, I thought I read you had a similar problem with the speed presentation...how did you fix? I've gone through the Garmin options and everything seems correct. The Orbea data fields don't provide an option for MPH.

Love the bike. Moved the dissector to the rear and am running a 2.5 DHF in front. Great range and handling.
I fixed it by putting an SC-MT800 display on the bike. :(

Orbea support SUCKS. This should literally be a same day fix - at most 50 lines of software. They're non-responsive and evasive.

·
WTF is downcountry?
679 Posts
Might be all Jenson can get since these bikes are unicorns, they didn't have any when I was looking but I got lucky and found one thru Evo. What's the speed limit adjustment on the app for?, to lower it??

·
climber
292 Posts
Silver lining :cool: - ride it Euro style to get more range because YOU will supply the power over 15mph vs 20 mph. Thats the idea of a lightweight eMTB anyway, right?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Silver lining :cool: - ride it Euro style to get more range because YOU will supply the power over 15mph vs 20 mph. That's the idea of a lightweight eMTB anyway, right?
Really haven't noticed the limit, except on flat road, but pisses me off that neither the manufacturer or the dealer seem to give a ****...

·
Registered
788 Posts
Did that do anything about speed limitation? Not impressed with Orbea response... Euro spec bike does not comply with DOT regulations - grey market ebike? You'd think both Orbea and Jenson would want to resolve to avoid legal issues...
Nope - just that the Orbea Rise Toolbox on my Garmin 830 only shows metric units - I needed miles and MPH

·
Registered
15 Posts
Might be all Jenson can get since these bikes are unicorns, they didn't have any when I was looking but I got lucky and found one thru Evo. What's the speed limit adjustment on the app for?, to lower it??
Speed limit for Euro is 25KPH, for US 20mph. Would have bought locally (Seattle) if they were available. Saw them at Jenson and ordered a day later. Bike was packaged well and had no other problems. So far I've heard nothing from Jenson... Hope to have a local dealer make change.

·
WTF is downcountry?
679 Posts
Jenson definitely owes you something I have had good luck with them, credit or something

141 - 160 of 200 Posts