Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

121 - 140 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
After about a month of owning a small m10 Rise and putting some time in on it. I'm still blown away by how she handles on the downs and with general trail manners. This thing Rips, I run the stock dissector tubeless in the rear and a 2.5 assegai 3c tubeless up front. I swapped the 125mm dropper to at 150mm dropper, Made huge difference in helping me minimize contact with the rear tire. The weight of the bike makes it sticks like velcro and yet its poppy and flows through the turns. The rise is not suppose to be a plow machine but it seems to punch above its weight and hold lines really well especially at high speed. I cant wait to take this bike on road trips and to some fun jump lines. One thing to note is make sure to check your crank arm bolts. While doing a techie climb the other day my non drive side crank arm fell off, thats never happened to me on a normal bike so glad it didnt come off on a down.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've just ordered a medium M10 custom MYO with upgrades to the R31 carbon wheelset and Minions front and rear.
The bike won't ship until Christmas which kind of sucks but no other ebike really interested me and even the others I considered had similar or longer wait times. This will be my first eMTB but I've been mountainbiking over 20 years.

Attachments

·
WTF is downcountry?
679 Posts
After about a month of owning a small m10 Rise and putting some time in on it. I'm still blown away by how she handles on the downs and with general trail manners. This thing Rips, I run the stock dissector tubeless in the rear and a 2.5 assegai 3c tubeless up front. I swapped the 125mm dropper to at 150mm dropper, Made huge difference in helping me minimize contact with the rear tire. The weight of the bike makes it sticks like velcro and yet its poppy and flows through the turns. The rise is not suppose to be a plow machine but it seems to punch above its weight and hold lines really well especially at high speed. I cant wait to take this bike on road trips and to some fun jump lines. One thing to note is make sure to check your crank arm bolts. While doing a techie climb the other day my non drive side crank arm fell off, thats never happened to me on a normal bike so glad it didnt come off on a down.
I'm gonna do shakedown ride today, I checked the crank arm bolts and the preload caps and they were real tight and I could see blue loctite. I read on that other thread that they would address this issue going forward w new Rise's so hopefully I'm good there but will keep an eye on them.

I plan on swapping the wheels/tires/rotors as soon as I get some adapters for the calipers, the stock wheels look like tanks! The tires don't look too bad but need my DHF up front, I imagine that 3C rubber will last maybe 2 rides on the rear :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'm gonna do shakedown ride today, I checked the crank arm bolts and the preload caps and they were real tight and I could see blue loctite. I read on that other thread that they would address this issue going forward w new Rise's so hopefully I'm good there but will keep an eye on them.

I plan on swapping the wheels/tires/rotors as soon as I get some adapters for the calipers, the stock wheels look like tanks! The tires don't look too bad but need my DHF up front, I imagine that 3C rubber will last maybe 2 rides on the rear :)
Yeah that dissector is wearing fast, gonna probably throw a dhr2 back there when its done, and the wheel are ok but could always be better. i was looking at going carbon on those with cushcore on at least the rear.

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
I've just ordered a medium M10 custom MYO with upgrades to the R31 carbon wheelset and Minions front and rear.
The bike won't ship until Christmas which kind of sucks but no other ebike really interested me and even the others I considered had similar or longer wait times. This will be my first eMTB but I've been mountainbiking over 20 years.
Merry Christmas! Looks like a beautiful bike. Sorry about the long wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
WTF is downcountry?
679 Posts
Yeah the wheels do look fine, I bought the base M20 spec, but I spent some coin on some DT/Derby's on my previous bike so plan on swapping

·
Registered
1,628 Posts

Be sure when you swap wheels that you put the speed sensor magnet back on (only fits on 6-bolt rotors btw), otherwise the motor won't work because it can't tell how fast the bike is going so it shuts down. Ask me how I know...

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Yeah the wheels do look fine, I bought the base M20 spec, but I spent some coin on some DT/Derby's on my previous bike so plan on swapping
See my other post about swapping wheels.

·
WTF is downcountry?
679 Posts
How do you know? Got in a nice 20 mile pedal yesterday on the bike, our trails are still sloppy but drying out fast so maybe next week a real trail ride. First real ride on an ebike for me other than a short demo once, felt like I was riding a much lighter bike is the sensation I got had a perma grin the whole time. I switched to profile 2 on the app and used mostly trail mode but eco felt good too, boost mode the acceleration was like having a throttle. Probably used half the battery or maybe a little less, but I was moving along nicely none of the hammerheads on their gravel bikes passed me :)

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Unreal... did 4500ft/21 miles in a mix of eco and trail and still had 48% battery left at the end of the ride.

·
WTF is downcountry?
679 Posts
I was hammering in trail mode but not real sure how much battery I started with, the app said 3/5 bars and then the red light came on at the end of the ride so maybe I used 2 bars? I didn't have plug to charge bike before ride fully, btw XL was the right choice just need slightly longer stem

·
WTF is downcountry?
679 Posts
So I've done a few rides now and really enjoying the bike, handles like a normal MB on the trails and can hardly tell it's a 40lb bike while climbing or pedaling the flats. I'm still adjusting to the longer wheelbase it's 2" longer than my previous bike, can feel it on the tight switchbacks or slow speed direction changes.

Have you guys played with the programing thru the app? I'm using stock settings on profile 2, mostly eco and trail, any sugg's there??

·
Registered
254 Posts
The only change I've made with the power settings is I upped the eco setting by one click on profile 1. I use profile 1 if I'm riding alone and want a good workout or if I'm riding with my wife on her full power emtb. If I ride with my son with him on an Orbea Wild, then I use profile 2. I haven't felt the need to adjust the settings any more at all, but that's just my preferences.

·
WTF is downcountry?
679 Posts
Yeah haven't felt the need to change anything either, couple days ago did around 23 miles and 2k vert and had 3 of 5 bars left, tried to stay in eco as much as possible but used trail mode on steeper portions of climbs. I think I could get 4K vert in if I watch my trail mode usage.

·
WTF is downcountry?
679 Posts
So the more power to the pedals the more the assist and battery consumption? If so that's a good argument for spinning a lower gear while climbing

·
Registered
788 Posts
So the more power to the pedals the more the assist and battery consumption? If so that's a good argument for spinning a lower gear while climbing
I honestly don't care about electrical efficiency. I just want to ride my bike and at a cadence that is appropriate for the terrain. ;-)

121 - 140 of 200 Posts