Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

181 - 200 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Here's the tech update from Ethirteen on the crank issue. Not limited to Orbea, but all Shimano EP8 and 8000 motors.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Here's the tech update from Ethirteen on the crank issue. Not limited to Orbea, but all Shimano EP8 and 8000 motors.

...and not limited to the alloy cranks. I'll reach out to e*thirteen to get it updated.

·
WTF is downcountry?
679 Posts
Thankfully my cranks have stayed tight I think they had done the fix by the time I got mine.

Did 30 miles and 3k climbing today, stayed in trail mode till the very end when the red light came on so switched to eco. So 90% trail and used probably 90% of the battery, not too bad, plus my legs were still pretty fresh. Trail mode makes climbing feel easy at times 👍

·
Registered
730 Posts
Anyone have an issue doing the firmware update? A buddy just bought a team editon, He decided to update the firmware and ended up failing and bricking his bike. Not sure how he managed that, I haven't heard of that nor exerienced the issue on my rise.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Anyone have an issue doing the firmware update? A buddy just bought a team editon, He decided to update the firmware and ended up failing and bricking his bike. Not sure how he managed that, I haven't heard of that nor exerienced the issue on my rise.
Worked fine for me, but I use a wired connection to the bike rather than Bluetooth.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Happened to a buddy of mine. Had to bring to local Orbea dealer, but it was an easy fix.

·
I am Walt
6,320 Posts
Worked fine for me, from my phone via Bluetooth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have have owned two Rise, an M20 and a M10. The M20 came from Jenson and was perfect. The M10 came from an east coast dealer and after the first ride (got a month after the M20) I knew right away something wasn't right. I went into the etube app and had the same issue, 25lph max assist. Checked the M20, 20mph. I contacted the store who put me in touch with the rep. Ended up taking it to a dealer who had to call into Orbea USA once the bike was hooked to the computer to allow the change from Euro spec to US spec. Apparently Orbea makes it very difficult to change due the Euro spec laws. You will absolutely notice the difference when it is US spec. Good luck.

SM

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have an M10 on order, I am thinking at bare minimum Reverb AXS and GX AXS. I have both on my rail and really can't go back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey all, does anyone have a story to tell on orbea's track record concerning availability of the Rise. I'm slated for a end of july delivery.

·
Registered
788 Posts
hey all, does anyone have a story to tell on orbea's track record concerning availability of the Rise. I'm slated for a end of july delivery.
Obviously each case is different due to component differences, shipping scenarios, and so on, but mine was about 8 weeks delayed from its original delivery date.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Obviously each case is different due to component differences, shipping scenarios, and so on, but mine was about 8 weeks delayed from its original delivery date.
The bike shop I ordered from said they were supposed to get some slowly starting last November but Orbea let it slip and they are getting their entire allotment for the year in the next 2 month. Oddly enough Orbea did give them a M10 demo bike just recently, I am supposed to get to demo it this weekend on the trails. Pretty excited to try it out, first bike I will get to demo this year before I buy.

181 - 200 of 200 Posts