Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
10,000,000 Watts
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my M10 should hit in 4 days. Gonna put the 2.4 Dissector on the rear and ordered a 2.6 for the front. New Fox transfer 200mm dropper, Renthal Fatbar and my Ergon seat. Ready to rip. Also ordered the battery extender, but had to have it shipped to a bike shop! Oh well, super excited for this bike although my Decoy is an awesome bicycle. Gonna try and shed a few beers off on the Rise.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Got mine the other Friday, changed the saddle and grips straight away. Was hoping to put my SC Reserves on there, which have an Assegai and Dissector on but forgot about the torque caps. Got some new end caps on order with the UK distributor but god knows how long they'll take to arrive

·
Mtbr Founder
34,826 Posts
Now way!!! So you guys getting yours already? Where did you order? I had a friend order one from Jenson on the first day available and they said November, now December.

I'm trying to get a test bike but that is in short supply too. I've been riding the Santa Cruz Bullit and have about 20 rides on that EP8 motor. Really amazing motor. The bike is crazy good. too. The crank/motor rattles on all descents so I hope they fix that in your EP8 versions.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Now way!!! So you guys getting yours already? Where did you order? I had a friend order one from Jenson on the first day available and they said November, now December.

I'm trying to get a test bike but that is in short supply too. I've been riding the Santa Cruz Bullit and have about 20 rides on that EP8 motor. Really amazing motor. The bike is crazy good. too. The crank/motor rattles on all descents so I hope they fix that in your EP8 versions.
Got lucky I suppose. Just stumbled across one from on online retailer here in the UK. They had one M10 in XL in stock so I went for it. EP8 motor does have the rattle though

·
Mtbr Founder
34,826 Posts
Got lucky I suppose. Just stumbled across one from on online retailer here in the UK. They had one M10 in XL in stock so I went for it. EP8 motor does have the rattle though

Ahh, UK...makes sense and whole different story then from the US supplies and wait times.

Let us know all the strengths and weaknesses of that cool bike.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ahh, UK...makes sense and whole different story then from the US supplies and wait times.

Let us know all the strengths and weaknesses of that cool bike.
Supply isnt good here. Everywhere has been saying next summer for stock but it looks like a handful of places got maybe 1 bike in. 2 rides in so far and I'm really liking it. Changed out the saddle and grips and I need to swap tbe tyres. That Dissector/Rekon combo is no good for UK slop.

·
10,000,000 Watts
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine will be here in 3 days from EVO. Large M10. I must have bought there only bike.

·
10,000,000 Watts
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine will be here in 3 days from EVO. Large M10. I must have bought there only bike.

·
10,000,000 Watts
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not cool with the rattle though, cannot stand any bike noise, I’m sure soon they’ll have a cure though.

·
10,000,000 Watts
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. Yeah I know, it’s got big shoes to fill, the Decoy is an awesome bike. I may be crazy, just get itches to try new things. Just received it today actually. Fit and finish is real good quality. Cable lengths are tidy, except they forgot to send the charger! E-TUBE app works flawless.

·
10,000,000 Watts
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Negative, they are Fed Ex charger today from Washington. It’s got a little juice in it.

·
Mtbr Founder
34,826 Posts
Ahh, they have their own battery and charger. Normally EP8 batteries and chargers are compatible with E8000

·
10,000,000 Watts
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ahh, they have their own battery and charger. Normally EP8 batteries and chargers are compatible with E8000
Actually, you may be 100% correct, I was looking at my Specialized and YT chargers both proprietary batteries. Very impressed with the fit and finish

·
10,000,000 Watts
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Francis, come down to SC and you can rip my orbea at Dupont and/ or pisgah. Just bring an ebike for me, like maybe the Bullit! I can ship ebikes!

·
Mtbr Founder
34,826 Posts
Hey Francis, come down to SC and you can rip my orbea at Dupont and/ or pisgah. Just bring an ebike for me, like maybe the Bullit! I can ship ebikes!
Santa Cruz? That's a stone's throw away!!!!

I've ridden your forests before. How's the ebike scene there?

·
Registered
784 Posts
My LTD should be here in two weeks:

I've already:

• Swapped out the suspension components for a DPX2 and a Factory 36
  • Swapped out the brakes for 4 piston XTRs
  • Swapped out the narrower rims for 35's

I'll be:

• Selling the foo foo ceramic saddle that it comes with and putting on my old standby Rocket V Team saddle
  • Throwing on a set of studded tires for a month or so
  • Throwing on my preferred Ergon GE1 grips

I might:

• Take off the dropper and the dropper remote (none of my bikes have droppers - I use an allen wrench to lower the saddle when needed)
  • Do a tire swap at some point

1 - 20 of 195 Posts