Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My friend Neil, the store manager at Adrenaline Bikes, bought this XCL frame this week to race at Downieville. He built it up pretty light, 27lbs. 4 oz.

Here goes the spec:

Med Orange Metallic CHUMBA XCL w/ RP23 option
2008 Fox Talas RLC
Avid Ultimate Brakes
Chris King Headset
X0 shifters, X0 rear der, XT front der, Sram 991 cassette
Thomson Stem, Thomson Masterpiece post
FSA Carbon K-Force cranks
Stans Olympic ZTR Rims w/ Ringle Flea Hubs
Kenda Small Blocks
Race Face Carbon Riser Bars

Attachments

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
You do put in the late hours!

CHUMBAevo said:
:???: I saw the typo...I know its not an EVO, sorry! Stayed up way too late....
Go into "advanced edit" and you can change that EVO to XCL. What a sweet looking build!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
you ask how does it ride?

Just got off the phone will Neil, (he's in d-ville with mtbr) the Chumba is fantanstic! He said it rides smooth downhill and is getting up the hills with ease..(he couldn't say enough about how pleased he is with his Chumba!)

Chumba ROCKS!:thumbsup:

When he gets back you'll get to see it in action.:D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Still needs to be fitted

The Philippine XCL has not had its fork cut yet. I'm still waiting for the owner to come back and fit his bike so I'll know how low to bring his handlebar down. I put in the spacers so I could complete the bike and take a picture.

The orange looks really good. It goes really well with the black components.

·
American Made!
321 Posts
Last weekend in Downieville, CA.
THe XCL was perfect for all the trails I hit. It is almost as important to be able to climb as descend there and the XCL was a champ for that...and for standing in snow:D

·
shred my gnar
604 Posts
nice area... ive been on a couple fires near there...

It is almost as important to be able to climb as descend there and the XCL was a champ for that
i agree completely ...flagstaff is the same story... although, its taking me a bit more time than i initially thought it would to get used to climbing the slacker head angle compared to my old bike... but i will happily get used to it!!!

fantastic choice in beers as well... i had several of those myself this past weekend and i think im about to have another in about 15 minutes when i get home!!!

·
Registered
581 Posts
1x1

2? 's for you:

1. How are those Stan's ZTR Olympic holding up?
2. Rough estimate of fully geared up weight (yours, not the bike)

I'm 250ish and am always seeking light, but durable wheelsets.

Thanks!

·
American Made!
321 Posts
PattD said:
1x1

2? 's for you:

1. How are those Stan's ZTR Olympic holding up?
2. Rough estimate of fully geared up weight (yours, not the bike)

I'm 250ish and am always seeking light, but durable wheelsets.

Thanks!
I actually don't know my "riding weight" but I weigh in sans camelbak at 235 lbs....I like pizza and beer:D
The Stans held up great at D-ville last weekend, the only problem was runninng a non-UST rear tire it would actually pop off in rocky turns..then the bead would pop back on so I had to stop and pump it back on...happened twice on switchbacks, pretty scary!
I swapped to a UST Maxxis tread for the next day and not a worry on that 5 hour ride.
I will be racing the wheelset on the XCL this weekend in a solo 12 hour event, should be perfect!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts