Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try these? They claim to reduce vibration and arm pump through an odd design, curious to hear if anyone has had a chance to ride them yet.

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Also wondering about real world experience. Anyone notice a downside to the bars being extra flexible? One reviewer mentioned they seemed to make it a bit harder to pump terrain (although pumping should mostly be in the legs). I generally like stiff frames and components so I'm on the fence about the OneUp bars.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I have them. They are better for feel than "regular" 35. It really, really hard to give a solid judgement though, because the bend and sweep are still a bit off of other bars I really like. But, they do feel better than normal 35s for vibration. I notice no control detriments at all, and I'm 225lb, so I definitely load a bike. I notice changes in handling from a 32 to a 34 to a 36mm fork, and I notice flex in alloy rims when I ride carbon rims. I flex a road bike handlebar and bottom bracket like crazy when giving it some juice. I don't notice "flex" in the OneUp bar over a 35, but I do notice harshness in regular 35s (which I know is flex in the OneUps, but not this "it's flexing" thing.)
No one notices detrimental flex for pumping stuff. That's a complete fat load of crap.

35mm bars are just stupid.

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
and I'm 225lb, so I definitely load a bike. I notice changes in handling from a 32 to a 34 to a 36mm fork, and I notice flex in alloy rims when I ride carbon rims. I flex a road bike handlebar and bottom bracket like crazy when giving it some juice. I don't notice "flex" in the OneUp bar over a 35, but I do notice harshness in regular 35s (which I know is flex in the OneUps, but not this "it's flexing" thing.)
Good to hear (I weigh slightly less). I'll give them a shot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.