Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Map Maker
Joined
·
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the new flat bars from On-One the Fleege:
http://www.on-one.co.uk/index.php?m...er_op=view_page&PAGE_id=68&MMN_position=72:72

any one know where I can buy these in the USA? I bought direct from On-One when I got my Mary Bars - (love 'em once I got them dialed in)
and Kind of paid through the nose for shipping across the pond.

I looked to Webcyclery but they don't have 'em listed.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Chris

P.s. anybody use the Surly Torsion bar? It look like a similar sweep...
 

·
Map Maker
Joined
·
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Having done the sums, we can offer them for £34 posted, from, the uk, which is about $59
thanks brant-
any tips on how to achevie this price through the website?
Brant one more question-
I saw that most of your trip to the far east was about finding a good carbon connection - will you be offering any of your bars in carbon next year ?or is it strickly frames you are interested in carbon. which ones ?or would they be new offerings
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,842 Posts
cbchess said:
thanks brant-
any tips on how to achevie this price through the website?
Brant one more question-
I saw that most of your trip to the far east was about finding a good carbon connection - will you be offering any of your bars in carbon next year ?or is it strickly frames you are interested in carbon. which ones ?or would they be new offerings
The bar is £30 - we add shipping manually right now. Everything passes through my laptop, so don't worry - we'll sort it for anyone.

Carbon bars are a thing we're thinking about though I'm not a huge fan really.. especially for offroad use. Was that Fisher thread on this forum?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,842 Posts
sean350 said:
I was surfing around today and came up with this bar:
http://jitensha.com/eng/flatbar05.html

It seems to be pretty similar to the Fleegle bar. Anyhow, its another option.
-Sean
Well, not really.
More like the Mary if anything.

One thing we did with the fleegle was make it really really wide. It's over 28in wide - though sums suggest it can be cut down as narrow as 24in and still have room for brakes and "stuff".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
whats the idea behind these bars then ?

a different (more natural)riding position or better for climbing ?

or a bit of both....................................



or none of the above
 

·
When did you get here?!?!
Joined
·
1,691 Posts
Well, with every 5 deg of sweep you effectively loose 1cm of stem length. So if the bars sweep 15 degrees you loose a bunch of stem. Since the bars have forward sweep before the back sweep your hands are in the same place in space as your old bars, just at a different angle.... I think ;)

Note about these Jitensha bars, they are designed for road (26.0) stems but mountain components.

~E

mavis8 said:
whats the idea behind these bars then ?

a different (more natural)riding position or better for climbing ?

or a bit of both....................................

or none of the above
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,842 Posts
pisgahproductions said:
Well, with every 5 deg of sweep you effectively loose 1cm of stem length. So if the bars sweep 15 degrees you loose a bunch of stem. Since the bars have forward sweep before the back sweep your hands are in the same place in space as your old bars, just at a different angle.... I think ;
Congratulations, and welcome to my world :)
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top