Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I FINALLY managed to get my hands on a new old stock Tracer. Never ridden. Fox Float rl has been TF tuned to make sure it wouldn't get stuck down after years of doing nothing. Also decided to upgrade the bushes and reducers to Betd's stronger kits. l've fitted a newer spec hanger as the original looked weak compared to the newer thicker ones.

Can't wait to get her built up.

:drumroll::band:

·
Registered
808 Posts
BETD bushings are like the Turner frames bushes. And they are a great improvement over Fox bushes, I have a Santacruz Blur LT and since I brought (September '05) I had problems with creekings from the bushes/reducers attachment with VPP after rain/mud rides. Since trade for BETD no more problems, and notice more softness! They have a only one Stainless "reducer" and two rubbers to stop mud and water.

And MEZZANINE great frame!

Attachments

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
42,273 Posts
Mezzanine, You have mail, chek your PM.

·
Registered
938 Posts
FoShizzle said:
GREAT find! I loved my Tracer....wish I never sold it. NOS frames are the way to go if you can
Some of us just wish you hadn't gone over to the dark side, beeyotch! It's like watching Roger Clemens wear a freaking Yankees jersey.

I love my tracer. I'm starting my 4th season on it. It's really a killer bike. I've got pretty much what you have, mezz. I have the betd reducers (but w/o the o-rings). They seem to work really well. When I got mine at the end of '03 (it was an '02 model), the shock wouldn't hold air. I fixed it with a seal kit from Fox (which they sent me for free), but last year I sent the shock to Push (same as TFT). It works really well. I like playing around with the travel/geometry settings. I have a talas fork, which makes it really tuneable. This year I've been riding short travel/ short wheelbase, with the fork at 3". It's pretty fun. When I get bored of it like that, I'll switch to 4".

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sweet!

I got hold of a NOS Uzzi SLX frame last year but due to one thing or another it's still sitting in my lounge waiting to be built up.
However it should be ready for the summer, and boy what a summer it's going to be... :thumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts