Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what others experience has been with discounts on new-old stock bikes and components (old models that have never sold)

I'm looking at a 2014 Tallboy c, shop is offering 13% discount. It is new, just sat in a box for a year.

Great bike and ready to buy, just want to make sure I am getting the best deal possible.

Posted in Santa Cruz forum with more details: Tallboy pricing - Looking for buying advice on nos '14 TB c- Mtbr.com

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
I got 20% off a brand new Tallboy c 4 years ago. Santa Cruz use to not do model years ,they still might not . So that bike could be identical to a new one.

·
Registered
13,862 Posts
35% would be about the most. Figure that out, add tax and talk to the manager about getting a deal done for cash. You also should take the time to figure swaps and anything you want them to keep and deduct because you have your own preferred parts already. I wouldn't want that 34 Fox. The 2016 version is a much better fork. Check reviews. The guys at the shop will be aware of this and may be able to work something out.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,025 Posts
Depends only on if it's something they think they can move.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts