Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1326 Posts

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
I really want the TR version, it ticks pretty much all the boxes for me apart from some of the parts specc'd but I could easily live with them for a while and upgrade later. I particularly like the fact its specc'd with the 34 SC. Hmmm, I'm looking forward to some ride reports and real world weights...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Has anyone seen any proper ride reports anywhere on the web? Bike looks perfect on paper, but would like to know a bit more before pulling the trigger.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Has anyone seen any proper ride reports anywhere on the web? Bike looks perfect on paper, but would like to know a bit more before pulling the trigger.
I keep looking, but haven't come across anything yet. Bring it on! I want to see how this compares to the new Canyon Lux.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I really want the TR version, it ticks pretty much all the boxes for me apart from some of the parts specc'd but I could easily live with them for a while and upgrade later. I particularly like the fact its specc'd with the 34 SC. Hmmm, I'm looking forward to some ride reports and real world weights...
I've researched the hell out of this category this year and ultimately decided not to buy a new bike because nothing checked every box in my wishlist. I heard a little about the Oiz but couldn't find the details on the builds until today and boy does this change my mind. I too am really interested to hear some real ride reports and weights, but the M10-TR build is so damn close to what I've been looking for 120/120 with DPS rear and 34 SC front, 2 bottle cages inside the frame (that's huge to me for endurance races and long training rides) and a $5400 msrp?

The comparable SB100 build is $8000, the comparable Sniper trail build is between 6-6.5k (6k build doesn't have SC fork, 6.5k build does but also has carbon wheels) and neither of those bikes have 2 bottles in the triangle. On paper, the closest true comparison would be the Lux CF 8.0 Race Team that they list on the euro-only website. That is ~5300 when converted to USD and has a 34SC 'Elite' (110mm) the new 12-speed XTR spec and XRC 1250 carbon wheels. If they bring it to US and the price holds, that's a ridiculous spec for the dollar and nothing else can really compete with it in this category, but the Oiz spec for the same price is pretty damn close on everything but the wheels. I also prefer the more progressive geometry and longer travel on the TR option of the Oiz.

So yeah, I guess it comes back to real world ride reports and a sanity check on the weight, but I'm really impressed on paper.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
I've researched the hell out of this category this year and ultimately decided not to buy a new bike because nothing checked every box in my wishlist. I heard a little about the Oiz but couldn't find the details on the builds until today and boy does this change my mind. I too am really interested to hear some real ride reports and weights, but the M10-TR build is so damn close to what I've been looking for 120/120 with DPS rear and 34 SC front, 2 bottle cages inside the frame (that's huge to me for endurance races and long training rides) and a $5400 msrp?

The comparable SB100 build is $8000, the comparable Sniper trail build is between 6-6.5k (6k build doesn't have SC fork, 6.5k build does but also has carbon wheels) and neither of those bikes have 2 bottles in the triangle. On paper, the closest true comparison would be the Lux CF 8.0 Race Team that they list on the euro-only website. That is ~5300 when converted to USD and has a 34SC 'Elite' (110mm) the new 12-speed XTR spec and XRC 1250 carbon wheels. If they bring it to US and the price holds, that's a ridiculous spec for the dollar and nothing else can really compete with it in this category, but the Oiz spec for the same price is pretty damn close on everything but the wheels. I also prefer the more progressive geometry and longer travel on the TR option of the Oiz.

So yeah, I guess it comes back to real world ride reports and a sanity check on the weight, but I'm really impressed on paper.
There’s also the new Blur that now has a TR spec but only 110mm travel from the 34SC and a huuuuge price tag.

This is definitely the type of bike I’m going for next though. :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Interesting, they must have added Blur TR very recently, I've checked the Blur out multiple times before and never saw it. The 'Elite' version of the 34SC is not compelling to me though, the total build weight on the TR variants of the Blur are 2 pounds heavier than the equivalent 32SC versions. I'm hoping the TR version of the Oiz comes right in around 25 given that's where the Sniper Trail is with the same 120mm shock and 120mm 34SC. I can give up 2 pounds for an extra 20mm front & rear, but same weight just for another 10mm up front? meh.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I just wish it had 20mm more reach and was slacked out by a degree or two in the trail flavor. If this thing was closer to the Sniper geo I'd be all over it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for sharing, been searching around for this for a few days now. I think it looks great and the numbers on paper strike a great balance for someone like me who veers more towards xc riding but would still like to feel more confident descending or comfortable on long ride. Currently riding a top fuel, and the 120mm version of this bike is making me consider a switch.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Numbers look good, build kits look like decent value. Ride reports from this, new Epic Evo and the Sniper have all been done by trail/enduro riders

Would love to hear some reviews of these bikes from guys who've done some XC races on them.

Not quite on par with the new Canyon on value, but the geometry on this looks more exciting.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Numbers look good, build kits look like decent value. Ride reports from this, new Epic Evo and the Sniper have all been done by trail/enduro riders

Would love to hear some reviews of these bikes from guys who've done some XC races on them.

Not quite on par with the new Canyon on value, but the geometry on this looks more exciting.
Is anyone doing proper XC reviews?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Best I've found so far is users on this forum for bikes that are available now. There's a fairly decent ride review on the Canyon Lux on YouTube with Guy Kesteven. That Pinkbike "first ride" on the Lux was pretty disappointing.

All I can say is that it's currently a good time to be looking for a new XC bike! Lots of good choices available

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
I currently have two of them sitting in my basement. Unfortunately, neither of them is mine.

The reviews from people riding them is they are really good bikes. Big improvement over the old Oiz, which I thought was a pretty damm good bike to begin with.

·
Orange Bikes USA Dealer
1,366 Posts
I currently have two of them sitting in my basement. Unfortunately, neither of them is mine.

The reviews from people riding them is they are really good bikes. Big improvement over the old Oiz, which I thought was a pretty damm good bike to begin with.
Can you give us some sizes and weights?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
Can you give us some sizes and weights?

Thanks
The medium is 22 with a straight post, build is top of line Sram. Aluminum wheels and XT pedals. Lighter pedals and wheels would have it around 21.5.

The small is 23.5 with a dropper, aluminum wheels and XTR Di2 group. Will be just under 23 with race wheels on it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
OIZ M10-TR 19 / $5,399 or Epic EVO $5,800.
I like the specs more on the OIZ, just that I don't know a single person that has an Orbea MTB, only several road bikes so I know they make a good product. I just need a few more reviews. Strangely I did a sizing check on the website and it has me on a M, I know there is no way I would get a M, I'm 6' 33" inseam.

1 - 20 of 1326 Posts