Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

681 - 696 of 696 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine is delayed. Ordered an M10 17 Oct, dealer indicated it's not left Spain yet, projected to leave 5th March :(

Shame with all the mild weather in Europe at the moment!

·
Registered
807 Posts
I just saw the announcment from Orbea posted on Febr. 15 saying they're gonna increase the prices. Has that happened already or not yet?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Yes, their prices went up at least $200 on every model at least in the US.
On the Orbea website the prices are even higher in the EU, so I guess they increased the price here as well.

I just messaged a local Orbea dealer and they said Orbea closed orders for 2021 and they can't even order the Occam. Interesting...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just saw the announcment from Orbea posted on Febr. 15 saying they're gonna increase the prices. Has that happened already or not yet?
Yea on new orders are prices increased. If you already pre-ordered its not gonna be. Taken from orbea news.

We will not increase the price of bikes that dealers have already sold and have consumers waiting for them by identifying these bikes and their buyers. In this way, we will maintain the price regardless of when the product is delivered.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Yea on new orders are prices increased. If you already pre-ordered its not gonna be. Taken from orbea news.

We will not increase the price of bikes that dealers have already sold and have consumers waiting for them by identifying these bikes and their buyers. In this way, we will maintain the price regardless of when the product is delivered.
Yeah, it looks like I missed out on the Occam... I have two Orbea dealers in the country, messaged both, both said they can't order the 2021 models anymore. Messaged a Giant dealer about the Trance X 29 2, same thing, can't order the 2021 model anymore. The Giant dealer said that the new models are supposed to be announced in mid August.
So I think my options are to wait for the Rose Root Miller that I ordered in Jan and delivery got pushed back to the end of August (who knows if that bike actually exists and if Rose is going to be able to deliver it). Or hope that Orbea, Giant, or someone will release the 2022 models in July-August and i'll be able to buy a bike immediately. But i'm doubtful about that...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah, it looks like I missed out on the Occam... I have two Orbea dealers in the country, messaged both, both said they can't order the 2021 models anymore. Messaged a Giant dealer about the Trance X 29 2, same thing, can't order the 2021 model anymore. The Giant dealer said that the new models are supposed to be announced in mid August.
So I think my options are to wait for the Rose Root Miller that I ordered in Jan and delivery got pushed back to the end of August (who knows if that bike actually exists and if Rose is going to be able to deliver it). Or hope that Orbea, Giant, or someone will release the 2022 models in July-August and i'll be able to buy a bike immediately. But i'm doubtful about that...
You can check Bikemarkt: Über 22167 Mountainbikes und Parts im Bikemarkt Marktplatz . It seems some shops from Germany has them in stock the occams.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Edit:

I should have read the email correctly - by clicking the link, you can either confirm or cancel your order, the link takes you to a menu.

Original:

I received an email from Orbea...but I am a bit puzzled by what happens when I press the confirm button.

French email is original, English translation below.

Votre adresse électronique nous est parvenue chez Orbea et nous nous permettons de vous envoyer cet e-mail suite à votre commande d’un vélo chez <BIKESHOP>.

Nous avons été contraints d’augmenter nos prix de vente, mais dans le but de maintenir notre engagement envers vous et notre distribution, nous souhaitons prendre cette différence à notre charge. Vous pouvez ainsi profiter du prix original du OCCAM M10 sélectionné en confirmant cette proposition grâce au bouton ci-dessous.
En appuyant sur le bouton ci-dessous vous pouvez nous faire savoir si vous n'êtes plus intéressé par votre réservation et nous transférerons ces informations à votre distributeur.

Vous savez probablement que nos modèles bénéficient d’une garantie à vie sur les cadres et les fourches rigides. Vous pouvez en bénéficier en enregistrant le numéro de série de votre nouveau vélo sur notre site internet. Pour cela, il est très important d’utiliser la même adresse électronique que celle à laquelle nous vous envoyons cet e-mail.

[CONFIRMER]

Nous respectons votre vie privée et tenons à souligner que le but de cette communication vise uniquement à remplir votre engagement envers Orbea ; nous ne vous enverrons ainsi aucun autre e-mail post-confirmation. En accord avec notre principe de transparence, vous trouverez plus d’indications sur la façon dont nous traitons vos données au bas de cette communication.
English (by deepl):
Your e-mail address has reached us at Orbea and we take the liberty of sending you this e-mail following your order of a bicycle at <BIKESHOP>.

We have been forced to increase our sales prices, but in order to maintain our commitment to you and our distribution, we would like to take responsibility for this difference. You can thus take advantage of the original price of the selected OCCAM M10 by confirming this proposal with the button below.
By pressing the button below you can let us know if you are no longer interested in your booking and we will transfer this information to your distributor.

You probably know that our models come with a lifetime warranty on frames and rigid forks. You can take advantage of this by registering the serial number of your new bike on our website. To do so, it is very important that you use the same email address to which we send this email.

[CONFIRM]

We respect your privacy and would like to emphasize that the purpose of this communication is solely to fulfil your commitment to Orbea; therefore, we will not send you any further post-confirmation e-mails. In accordance with our principle of transparency, you will find more information on how we handle your data at the bottom of this communication.

·
Class Clown
2,956 Posts
Looks like it's only getting worse for bike purchases this year. Might have to find a frame and piece together part by part at this point.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I hope not. I built my last bike from the frame up, and while it was fun, it was also a financial disaster. 😅 The problem is my limited budget. There are a few bikes available, but most of them are out of budget and/or something is off with the geo and/or the specs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I saw a used Occam H20 for sale on the Pro's Closet at 11pm last night and when I checked in the morning at 7:30a it was already sold!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Back a while in this thread I posted about a wheel noise.
An update to this is that Orbea is replacing the rear triangle.
I assume that is going to take a while as it is a custom color so I’ll pick my bike up a ride it until that shows up.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just out of interest what's the thinking behind that....wasn't the noise happening with the wheel out the bike?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
365 Posts
Just out of interest what's the thinking behind that....wasn't the noise happening with the wheel out the bike?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Yes it was. And it happened on all the wheels that went on the bike. According to DT that noise happens with all their wheels but at an ALMOST imperceptible level. On the bike is definitely louder. So Orbea’s thinking is something about the rear triangle is amplifying the sound.

681 - 696 of 696 Posts