Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

661 - 680 of 684 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Blimey have you seen the new prices for us in the UK? M30 =£3999 M10 =5129 M LTD £7699.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Don't get me wrong they are just the prices availability is still 0.
Think we've been hit with new taxes as part of the whole brexit thing plus a health dose of admin fees I'm sure

·
Registered
795 Posts
Hi!

Does anyone know what kind of hubs does the H20 (Shimano build) have? I messaged Orbea support but they just sent me a link to the blue paper, but I don't see the hubs in there. My guess is they're some kind of Shimano hubs?

Also, another kinda impossible to answer over the internet size question, but i'll try... I'm 185cm but i'm all legs, my inseam is around 90-91cm which I think would be normal for someone above 190cm. I'm thinking large with a 170 dropper (maybe something even longer later), and possibly a 40-50mm riser bar.
While I like that tall headtube on the XL, i'm afraid of the 500mm reach, and i'm also not sure what kind of dropper post I would be able to run with that 508mm seat tube. BTW does anyone know the total length of the stock Orbea 150 and 170mm droppers?
The most important thing for me would be to be comfortable on long rides, I don't want a seated position that's too stretched out, but I don't want a massive saddle to bar drop either. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
79 Posts
All I can say is I'm 6'3 riding an Xl size with a 170 dropper. Dropper is just about right with the post fully in. 35mm stem with 38mm rise on my bars.

·
Registered
795 Posts
All I can say is I'm 6'3 riding an Xl size with a 170 dropper. Dropper is just about right with the post fully in. 35mm stem with 38mm rise on my bars.

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know your inseam? Any pics of the bike with the dropper fully extended? :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Inseam is about 89cm
Should be able to get a pic tomorrow..just been cleaned and put away today

·
Registered
795 Posts
Thanks. That means I should be able to ride an XL with a 170 stock dropper as well. Still, that top tube length/reach is a bit scary. But that +20mm bump in headtube compared to a large is really attractive. I'd probably have to run something like 50mm riser bars to get the grips to a comfy height on a large.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Haha yeah, i'm stressing about geo here but who knows when/if i'll be able to actually buy a bike. 😄 I've ordered a Rose Root Miller about 2 months ago with delivery in June, but they just sent out a mass email saying that they can't get the parts so they're trying to change up the spec...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hi!

Does anyone know what kind of hubs does the H20 (Shimano build) have? I messaged Orbea support but they just sent me a link to the blue paper, but I don't see the hubs in there. My guess is they're some kind of Shimano hubs?

Also, another kinda impossible to answer over the internet size question, but i'll try... I'm 185cm but i'm all legs, my inseam is around 90-91cm which I think would be normal for someone above 190cm. I'm thinking large with a 170 dropper (maybe something even longer later), and possibly a 40-50mm riser bar.
While I like that tall headtube on the XL, i'm afraid of the 500mm reach, and i'm also not sure what kind of dropper post I would be able to run with that 508mm seat tube. BTW does anyone know the total length of the stock Orbea 150 and 170mm droppers?
The most important thing for me would be to be comfortable on long rides, I don't want a seated position that's too stretched out, but I don't want a massive saddle to bar drop either. Any thoughts?
I’m almost your exact dimensions. 183cm tall and 89cm inseam. Also my ape index is very slightly on the shorter side of neutral. The large for me was a perfect fit on a stock (Fox 36) M10 with 170 dropper.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I’m almost your exact dimensions. 183cm tall and 89cm inseam. Also my ape index is very slightly on the shorter side of neutral. The large for me was a perfect fit on a stock (Fox 36) M10 with 170 dropper.
Thanks for the info. I checked my ape index today and it's on the positive side, my wingspan is around 3-4cm wider/longer than my height. Not sure what that affects tho, does that mean that I could "handle" more reach in theory?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Thanks for the info. I checked my ape index today and it's on the positive side, my wingspan is around 3-4cm wider/longer than my height. Not sure what that affects tho, does that mean that I could "handle" more reach in theory?
Yes, that's exactly correct.

I'm 6'1". My true shoes-off inseam is 34.5" and my wingspan is 6'1". I have the XL. It truly feels perfect. The dropper post is slammed but probably .5" too tall. That's an easy fix with the new droppers that can be adjusted in 5mm increments. I don't really care, though, yet because I'm not riding for hours seated.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Yes, that's exactly correct.

I'm 6'1". My true shoes-off inseam is 34.5" and my wingspan is 6'1". I have the XL. It truly feels perfect. The dropper post is slammed but probably .5" too tall. That's an easy fix with the new droppers that can be adjusted in 5mm increments. I don't really care, though, yet because I'm not riding for hours seated.
Thanks. Sounds like I could go with either an L or an XL. We'll see, in the current situation who knows what bike i'll actually end up getting. 😄

Based on the comments here i'm pretty sure I could easily fit an XL with the stock 170 dropper with my ~90cm or ~35.4" inseam. And although it would be nice to use the stock dropper for a while, you're right there are plenty of adjustable droppers out there now. I found the dimensions for the stock dropper, for example a Oneup 180 is shorter basically everywhere, and you can shim it down to 170 or 160.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Your clothes thank you with all those fenders. :)

Curious, what’s the green structure to the right? It it essential a large box/shed that opens completely?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Your clothes thank you with all those fenders. :)

Curious, what’s the green structure to the right? It it essential a large box/shed that opens completely?
I know for a person that hates mudguards I think I've got myself covered, winter in the UK means though they're a must

Yes that is a metal bike shed as seen here:

·
Registered
524 Posts
I live in Seattle. I hear you on the mudguards. I just put on a rear last night,.

Thanks for the bike shed link. It's an interesting idea.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's true but still sucks to pay more for literally nothing.
Well then I'm guessing it won't make you feel any better when I mention the H30 used to be specced with SLX for the same price and then they downgraded to Deore lol. I wouldn't beat yourself up for the price increase. For what you'd be getting it's still a pretty great deal and a build spec that shouldn't need to see any major upgrades for a while (except maybe the brakes).

661 - 680 of 684 Posts