Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

641 - 660 of 684 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yep I have tried 2 different 750ml bottles that fit no problem. Currently using the elite fly mtb bottle.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
524 Posts
Really considering getting an Occam, but can the frame fit a 24oz camelbak bottle? Dumb question I know but I've had plenty of bikes that haven't had room for a bottle, and honestly I'm tried of it.

Lastly, any known problem with the H30 version of the Occam?
I have a 22oz Camelbak bottle and it fits fine. XL frame, FWIW.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not sure of the bottle since I put a piggyback shock on and it can only fit a smaller one it’s that setup. The h30 comes with a crappy headset but decent besides that. Brakes and wheels aren’t great either

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Not sure of the bottle since I put a piggyback shock on and it can only fit a smaller one it’s that setup. The h30 comes with a crappy headset but decent besides that. Brakes and wheels aren’t great either
Thanks for the info. Is the headset proprietary or can the bearing be upgraded to cane creek or something more durable? And yeah i did see the brakes aren't great and at least the wheels are a decent inner width.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Thanks for the info. Is the headset proprietary or can the bearing be upgraded to cane creek or something more durable? And yeah i did see the brakes aren't great and at least the wheels are a decent inner width.
All things that can be upgraded at a later time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
the headset can be upgraded. I put a chris king on. Also had brakes, wheels, and shock from my last bike that I swapped over

·
NedwannaB
12,760 Posts
Really considering getting an Occam, but can the frame fit a 24oz camelbak bottle?
There's a post in here somewhere(or in another Occam thread) about h2o bottle cage I think Lezyne has a lefty one that seemed to be the best. I have a Specialized one working fine on mine. Getting use to left hand grab only is the learning curve.

·
Registered
359 Posts
My wheel saga continues.
I have a detailed post over in the wheels forum but the short version is a third wheel has the same noise.
The shop wants to replace just the rear wheel with a Shimano hub/DT rim. I’m not a fan of Shimano hubs. Their other option is to have it replaced with an Industry 9 wheel but I’d have to pay for it.
I’m going to call Orbea next week and see what they say.
I have no idea what I should do.

·
Registered
603 Posts
if you are still in the market ping Wes at Velorangutan, he has demos available. I am 5’11” and ride an L. If you want to borrow my L, let me know. Pretty sure we know each other and if you are who I think you are, happy to let you ride mine. It is a 2019 but close enough to a 2020 that I demoed last year.
Hey, yes we do know each other. I'm pretty sure I am who you think I am. We've ridden together down on the greenbelt more than a few times. I was actually looking for my 6'1" son, but as we got closer to purchasing he's not as into it as I thought he was anymore. :(:(:( Thanks for the offer though, and it would be good to go ride with you again when the pandemic is over!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Soo i missed out on buying a H30, and now prices have gone up $200 on every model with no changes to the builds. Not looking like such a good deal anymore if I'm honest.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Soo i missed out on buying a H30, and now prices have gone up $200 on every model with no changes to the builds. Not looking like such a good deal anymore if I'm honest.
Well that depends, because I keep reading the same thing in other manufacturers threads, so if they're all raising prices then it's still a deal relatively speaking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone tried mounting the oneup pump with the bottle cage mount?
Yes. I use a Wolftooth B-Rad 2 to move the bolt mounts further up the downtube. This allows the OneUp pump (+ EDC tool system) to be fitted. I'm using a Zee cage, and there's a hairs width gap between frame cross member and bottle. Appreciate this isn't the cheapest solution but it enables me to ride without a pack on shorter rides.

I don't think this would work with the DPX2 shock as the bottle would clash with the reservoir...

·
Class Clown
2,954 Posts
My guesstimate is things will get worse as we near the spring. Basically you are paying more for lack of supply.

·
Registered
42 Posts
As I mentioned few months ago, they raised prices but also lowered spec in M10. Slx cassette instead of XT and cheaper saddle. Best deal was to pick up 2020 model in June :)

·
Class Clown
2,954 Posts
Yeah they lowered the price by $100. I was able to pickup an XT chain and cassette for a good price on ebay, but will run the stock first. Swapped out that Fizik saddle right away!

641 - 660 of 684 Posts