Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

581 - 600 of 691 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
(I pump it to 220, and it ends up with 10psi less... despite having the Topeak DXG shock pump that disconnects from the valve. But the bladder has such a small air volume that I lose almost 20psi! Not sure how to solve this).
Just wondering how you know you’re losing pressure from the shock and it’s not the air from the pump when disconnecting?

When I use just a regular rockshox digital pump and I disconnect I get the usual purge of air but I know for a fact that is coming from the pump and not the shock. I know this because when I have a ShockWiz hooked up, it has live readings of air pressure. When disconnecting the pump the pressure of the shock stays the same.

·
Registered
Orbea Occam 2020 M10 stock
278 Posts
Did the Topaz change the bikes attitude on the climbs?
DPX2 in open mode climbs great, almost no bob. The middle setting firms it a little, maybe can be felt on the road. The closed makes it feel like a HT, truly - my ass goes up and down while pedalling.:D

·
Registered
278 Posts
Great!
DVO components look great on your frame.
Is there any photo of an M10 blue frame with black fork and shock?
I have to admit, the orange Fox looks excellent on it...

·
Registered
603 Posts
Sizing question. Do you think a large would be ok for someone 6'1"? According to the sizing chart an XL might be better, but a used large just became available. Do these generally run a bit big or small compared to the sizing chart?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sizing question. Do you think a large would be ok for someone 6'1"? According to the sizing chart an XL might be better, but a used large just became available. Do these generally run a bit big or small compared to the sizing chart?
They run on the small(er) size even though the number say different story.
I'm 6 feet and maybe over the limit of a large with a 40mm stem. Still feel good on the bike, but could easily go XL and forget the bigger dropper...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Not sure if someone mentioned, but secure your downtube protectors somehow mechanically. I lost mine on a muddy ride last time, but the way it was glued was bad - on top and one side a little.
The LBS ordered a new one and said they will glue it back. They had the same experience with the protector on the Rallon...
IMG_20210106_150232_resize_44.jpg

·
Class Clown
2,955 Posts
not sure what they are using but I could put some of my favorite gorilla glue silicone sealant on there and it should hold it pretty well, and be removable if need be

·
Registered
524 Posts
I’ve got about a week to decide to pick up a Occam at a dealer that’s 200 miles away from me. There really isn’t a mountain bike specific Orbea dealer in my city. I’m a little concerned with everybody asking about schematics (a blue book?) because they can’t figure out things on the bike. I’m not confident a local dealer would be able to diagnose random situations.
Hit me with the positives people are having with the bike. A lot of the last few pages are a random back wheel problem, protectors falling off, etc. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I reckon you be all good....half the enjoyment is discovering things and having a little tinker
You could pickup any bike and have issues

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm the one with the wheel problem. As far as I can tell it is the wheel and not the bike. I have a separate thread in the wheels forum that goes into more detail (still ongoing).
Despite the issue with the wheel I've been putting miles on it and really like the bike. Handles great, climbs great. Overall a great all around bike. I was coming from a 27.5 bike (Giant Trance) and the biggest difference is the amount of speed this bike carries. That's probably due to the larger wheels but either way it sure is nice.

Things I don't like about the bike. Derailleur hanger mount. I think it's kind of a stupid design that tries to solve a problem that doesn't exist. It's supposed to be tool-less but in order to change it you need to unscrew the rear axle with a tool. Also I'm in the camp that we should have a hanger standard.
If I'm being really picky I don't like the water bottle placement. It's a little low in the frame for easy access on climbs.
No internal channels for cables. I guess that won't matter too much when everything is wireless in a few years 😆.

If you're fairly proficient on working on your on bike (everyone should be, it's not rocket science) then you should be fine with the shop not too close. The only reason you'd go back would be for warranty work which hopefully won't happen

·
Class Clown
2,955 Posts
I haven't had any issues at all. The build was great. Not sure how much of that is owed to the shop vs Orbea. The blue book is the manual for the bike that can be found online as a PDF. But there's nothing that out of the ordinary about this bike that you'd need some special instructions for (besides the hanger I suppose).

·
Registered
524 Posts
Great info. Would any of you have any suggestions to have the bike shop look at and take care of before I pick it up?

I’m also debating to have them swap out the 34 140 for a 36 GRIP2 150 but that’s a $1000 up-charge. They suggested Nows a great time to sell parts but that a huge risk.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Great info. Would any of you have any suggestions to have the bike shop look at and take care of before I pick it up?

I’m also debating to have them swap out the 34 140 for a 36 GRIP2 150 but that’s a $1000 up-charge. They suggested Nows a great time to sell parts but that a huge risk.
There is nothing they should have to look over esp if they are a descent shop.

I have had mine for 4 months and about 400 miles of trouble free enjoyment. Granted I wash and look over the bike after each ride and do normal maintenance.

It is the most fun I have had on any trail and can’t wait to ride it. It has been wet here since Christmas and the bike is a tease just sitting in the garage. I swapped tires around for the fun and to try new shoes.

Don’t live in fear of what could be wrong but ride and enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

581 - 600 of 691 Posts