Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Shasta is same weekend as China Peak CES, Oregon round is same weekend as Northstar EWS, and Idaho is same weekend as Humboldt Enduro.

But I like the idea of new and different formats of gravity mountain bike racing being introduced.

·
Hella Olde
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If this is a new series, it's either poorly planned or just unfortunate coincidence!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh well, those dates may have been the only options they had. The local racers probably won't be too bummed the hardcore CES/EWS Enduro racers won't be able to make it......

·
beater
6,142 Posts
If this is a new series, it's either poorly planned or just unfortunate coincidence!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cascadia is a long-running series, and widely considered one of the best-run in the country. With 5 years of series planning experience myself, it's impossible to make dates line up smoothly with all possible conflicts. There are only so many weekends in a season. Our experience is that about half our racers are regulars who follow us, and the other half are local. Because of that, conflicting dates aren't always a show-stopper.

·
F*** it
1,277 Posts
I only had a chance to sample some of the higher Shasta trails last summer, but they were rowdy and legit. The lower trail system was more XC, but still lots of fun--especially after some rain. And the skills park and skate park are worth checking out, too.

·
Registered
209 Posts
It said all lift access, so I don't see why a DH bike wouldn't be an option.
Mt Shatsa local here.

So far all of the Enduro races at the Ski Park have been climb up once (750' ish) then lift to a short climb (250' ish) for stage 2 then lift up for stage 3 and stage 4. Total of 1000' climbing. I raced a full DH last year in one of them and it wasn't that bad a climb. I did have to push about 100-200 yards total.

Hope to see you all there!

·
Hella Olde
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mt Shatsa local here.

So far all of the Enduro races at the Ski Park have been climb up once (750' ish) then lift to a short climb (250' ish) for stage 2 then lift up for stage 3 and stage 4. Total of 1000' climbing. I raced a full DH last year in one of them and it wasn't that bad a climb. I did have to push about 100-200 yards total.

Hope to see you all there!
Thanks for the info - Did the stages have enough fast/gnar to make the DH bike a better choice than a 'super enduro'? How many other DH rigs did you see?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.