Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Low speed, High Drag
946 Posts
Next year is going to be a very good year, for 29er's.

I just got a Niner RIP9, and that pic has my Discover card salivating nearly as much as I am. I need those wheels, a longer travel fork, and all the other cool stuff pictured, there.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Yup

sennaster said:
manitou minute 29er will come in different lengths (80,100,120) quick release or through axle.
Manitou. Let's all hope that it's not like all other Manitous that blow up a few months into
ownership.

That proto RIP is tiiiiiiight. LOT'S of eye candy to be seen for the 29er folks at Otter, and
more stuff to be unveiled later this weekend..... :D

·
Registered
460 Posts
This is a special moment for me... I've been solely 29er since 99'. My how we've come such a long way. I recall, It'll never work, nobody will buy it, big wheels are a joke, it's just a fad... Turner, Specialized, etc. All of the sudden, the naysayers seem to be interested.

This photo reaffirms that Wes Williams had the crystal ball. Mavic and Hutchinson climb aboard a customer driven grass roots movement. 2007/2008 will literally change the face of the sport. Thank you Wes, GF and 700C!

·
Reviewer/Tester
6,176 Posts
I think that NinerBikes will sell a LOT of these... they just look 'right'.

It's so nice to see dreams come true, and for those who dreamed the dream and did the hard yards many years ago, it must be doubly sweet.

For us 29'er riders ... it won't be long now. Major manufacturers are joining the movement and all the goodies that we have been waiting for are on the way... :thumbsup:

This has been a very good year so far.. :D

R.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.