Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
By popular demand I have started anew thread as Anti-Bike Mike goes to court next Friday.
what is your point?

Are you intentionally misleading people into thinking he broke another law - or are you yourself so confused that you believe he broke another law?

·
Custom User Title
7,429 Posts
I guess it is to have the protected order lifted. Maybe we should testify that he kept at it.

I know I have received several inflammatory emails directly from him - he grabbed a list from one of the landmanagers that they CCed in the open. I resisted temptation to respond.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
The implication is your own.

Are you intentionally misleading people into thinking he broke another law - or are you yourself so confused that you believe he broke another law?
Ain't nothing in the post that says anything about breaking a law.

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,061 Posts
You should have responded.

·
It's about showing up.
12,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually I had several people from the mtb community contact me independently about this court date. I was not aware of it so I posted here to see how people understood it.

Then it was suggested that this date deserved its own new thread. So here it is.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
18,717 Posts
He's a witch!

·
just another bleepin SSer
1,453 Posts
Actually I had several people from the mtb community contact me independently about this court date. I was not aware of it so I posted here to see how people understood it.
I am glad you posted. I was not aware of this court date.

·
I'm really diggin it!
3,078 Posts
I will gladly fund any member of our community who can speak on our behalf to express why this man has not reformed his ways but has actually grown more twisted and angry at the mountain bike community in the last 4 years.

Hopefully the judicial system will see him as the madman he is and bar him from public open space as has happened before. PAPER CHAINS | SURFING Magazine

Our community needs to send a strong message to the court system and other crazy assed batshit fools from trying this again.

Please PM me for details but if you make the day to sit in court I will be forever in your debt and believe me: If I had not been booked to fly my boss around that day I would be in that court with Mike V's rants in hand asking for extra scrutiny and consideration as a concerned member of the community.

This goes a long way in the judicial system. Lets make this ****er pay. Beers on me. Plus a lot extra.

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
Is the public afforded opportunity to speak on these occasions?

·
Read Only
950 Posts
Who cares? He served his probation, let him be. At this point he is old and getting older. If he does something egregious I am sure everyone will be up in arms and calling the authorities. Why put his name out there and make such a stink?

·
Air Pirate
2,037 Posts
Who cares? He served his probation, let him be. At this point he is old and getting older. If he does something egregious I am sure everyone will be up in arms and calling the authorities. Why put his name out there and make such a stink?
Old and getting older, served his probation? Give him the benefit of the doubt? Ever hear of the old adage "you cant teach an old dog new tricks?" I'm not saying age is a limiter for everyone in learning how to change their ways, but this guy is a dyed in the wool curmudgeon who has convinced himself direct action is the way to go to eliminate his chosen enemy. Bottom line: he is a mean old man who feels he has the right to physically attack those he does not agree with.

Do you feel him serving his probation is something that will let him see the error of his ways and turn him toward a new lifestyle that doesn't include the violence he decided is his right to conduct against mountain bikers? If you want an idea of how bad probation, jail, and prison are in teaching anyone to steer themselves to a different life path simply do a Google search on recidivism rates and choose your crime and jurisdiction. You will see that the whole so-called "Corrections" system does not correct much criminal behavior. If it did, prisons wouldn't be a growth industry.

And M.V. being on probation? In this day and age of budget trouble in the glorious State of California, he probably had minimal contact with the county probation department charged with his case, so there was probably minimal to no work done to adjust his behavior/psychology. I can bet the time he spent on probation was just a space of time in which he stewed over what has happened to him, getting more and more indignant and self-righteous than he previously was.

Why put his name out there and make such a stink? This guy is a violent criminal. He chose the path of violence, and the public should be kept aware of him. For the safety of the public much is public record on convicted violent criminals, and in many crimes the criminal is tracked and/or reported so the public can keep themselves aware and safe. I don't care if the criminal is guilty of violence against a child, a spouse, or someone else....violence is violence, and when one chooses to act that way the rest of us have a right to make sure we are not in harms way with that individual.

Also, in my opinion and many others, he is a mentally troubled individual. If you have not read any of his postings on the 'net, perhaps you should look them up and you will see his state of mind is not one that most people would consider well-adjusted. Bottom line, he is a dangerous violent hyper-opinionated nut who has no problem with direct violent actions to further his cause. In other words, he is a terrorist and should be treated as such.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Old and getting older, served his probation? Give him the benefit of the doubt? Ever hear of the old adage "you cant teach an old dog new tricks?" I'm not saying age is a limiter for everyone in learning how to change their ways, but this guy is a dyed in the wool curmudgeon who has convinced himself direct action is the way to go to eliminate his chosen enemy. Bottom line: he is a mean old man who feels he has the right to physically attack those he does not agree with.

Do you feel him serving his probation is something that will let him see the error of his ways and turn him toward a new lifestyle that doesn't include the violence he decided is his right to conduct against mountain bikers? If you want an idea of how bad probation, jail, and prison are in teaching anyone to steer themselves to a different life path simply do a Google search on recidivism rates and choose your crime and jurisdiction. You will see that the whole so-called "Corrections" system does not correct much criminal behavior. If it did, prisons wouldn't be a growth industry.

And M.V. being on probation? In this day and age of budget trouble in the glorious State of California, he probably had minimal contact with the county probation department charged with his case, so there was probably minimal to no work done to adjust his behavior/psychology. I can bet the time he spent on probation was just a space of time in which he stewed over what has happened to him, getting more and more indignant and self-righteous than he previously was.

Why put his name out there and make such a stink? This guy is a violent criminal. He chose the path of violence, and the public should be kept aware of him. For the safety of the public much is public record on convicted violent criminals, and in many crimes the criminal is tracked and/or reported so the public can keep themselves aware and safe. I don't care if the criminal is guilty of violence against a child, a spouse, or someone else....violence is violence, and when one chooses to act that way the rest of us have a right to make sure we are not in harms way with that individual.

Also, in my opinion and many others, he is a mentally troubled individual. If you have not read any of his postings on the 'net, perhaps you should look them up and you will see his state of mind is not one that most people would consider well-adjusted. Bottom line, he is a dangerous violent hyper-opinionated nut who has no problem with direct violent actions to further his cause. In other words, he is a terrorist and should be treated as such.
Meh... sometimes people change. Let's watch his every move very carefully and make sure the authorities know if he steps off the straight and narrow. Point is, he served his time. It's not illegal to be a curmudgeon deekhed. It is illegal to wield weapons and slash people's tires. Just be thankful this isn't a 'Stand your ground' state.

·
Air Pirate
2,037 Posts
Meh... sometimes people change. Let's watch his every move very carefully and make sure the authorities know if he steps off the straight and narrow. Point is, he served his time. It's not illegal to be a curmudgeon deekhed. It is illegal to wield weapons and slash people's tires. Just be thankful this isn't a 'Stand your ground' state.
Perhaps you are right pimp, just color me jaded.

·
Read Only
950 Posts
Ever hear of the old adage "you cant teach an old dog new tricks?".
Ever heard the saying "live and let live"?

We are a nation of laws. MV broke some of them, and eventually got caught. Once he serves his probation/punishment he is free to carry on as long as he isn't harming anyone.

Sometimes I worry that in our diligence to be recognized as coming from the right side of an issue, mountain bikers start using the very same tactics of the people we have an issue with. I for one am not interested in calling anyone out the way that some equestrians and some hikers do. I have met both hikers and equestrians that were amazing "lets all enjoy the outdoors" kind of people just like I have met mountain bikers that are part of the problem, not the solution.

Live and let live. MV did his thing and paid the price. He has every right to be given another shot to be a reasonable citizen. If the day comes where he chooses to take the law into his own hands he will have a prior conviction to address when he goes to court.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
Ever heard the saying "live and let live"?

We are a nation of laws. MV broke some of them, and eventually got caught. Once he serves his probation/punishment he is free to carry on as long as he isn't harming anyone.

Sometimes I worry that in our diligence to be recognized as coming from the right side of an issue, mountain bikers start using the very same tactics of the people we have an issue with. I for one am not interested in calling anyone out the way that some equestrians and some hikers do. I have met both hikers and equestrians that were amazing "lets all enjoy the outdoors" kind of people just like I have met mountain bikers that are part of the problem, not the solution.

Live and let live. MV did his thing and paid the price. He has every right to be given another shot to be a reasonable citizen. If the day comes where he chooses to take the law into his own hands he will have a prior conviction to address when he goes to court.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.
Ditto. We'll end up looking just as batty. Let it go. If he F's up again, I'm sure his next sentence will be more severe.

·
Registered
356 Posts
MV is a cancer, and you need to cut that cancer out of society. "Changed man"?? Let him prove himself in court that he is changed by his actions. Show me your IMBA card MV!! Go help finish the DEMO flow trial in SC! Do something to show that you have changed, if not, well then tough tittes! The MTB community got their eyes on uuuuu!:eekster:

·
roadie
744 Posts
MV is a cancer, and you need to cut that cancer out of society. "Changed man"?? Let him prove himself in court that he is changed by his actions. Show me your IMBA card MV!! Go help finish the DEMO flow trial in SC! Do something to show that you have changed, if not, well then tough tittes! The MTB community got their eyes on uuuuu!:eekster:
um, yah, great. come on down to segment six, we're working on progressive features such as punji stick corner and fish hook alley.

:rolleyes:

hope he's learned something. if not, hope it doesn't take someone getting hurt to learn him. not sure why we're all giving him so much attention

/unsubscribe.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts