Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Bike Addiction
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 2 new Kenda Nevegals 2.1 and noticed that my new ones looked smaller than the old ones. The old ones couldn't be over a year old. I measured accross the treads and it was about 3/16 smaller in width and about the same in height? HMMMMM!!! Am I missing something? Still had great grip though. I rode in mud all day and the traction was great, front and rear but I wish I had grabbed the 2.2 instead. The tires look anerexic, uhhhh, anorexic, uhhhh, ahhhh hell, skinny!

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
00sable said:
I bought 2 new Kenda Nevegals 2.1 and noticed that my new ones looked smaller than the old ones. The old ones couldn't be over a year old. I measured accross the treads and it was about 3/16 smaller in width and about the same in height? HMMMMM!!! Am I missing something? Still had great grip though. I rode in mud all day and the traction was great, front and rear but I wish I had grabbed the 2.2 instead. The tires look anerexic, uhhhh, anorexic, uhhhh, ahhhh hell, skinny!
No change. I have measured Neves from the first year and this year and they are basically unchanged. New tires will "stretch/relax" after inflated and ridden a bit. Can be as much as 3mm wider and taller.

The only 2.2 Nevegal is the 29er. The 26" and 650Bs go from 2.10 to 2.35.

·
Registered
139 Posts
00sable said:
I acutally thought the same. I recently bought and install a new nevegal 2.1 to replace the one that was on my bike and was over a year old and the new one was much smaller. I didn't measure it but it looking about 10% difference. I have ridden the new tyre for several weeks now and it is not getting any bigger. It may have sstretched a little but not to make it as big as the old one was.

·
Bike Addiction
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shiggy,
They may break in eventually and that makes sense but after installation it did look very thin from the front. I did put the new and old side by side and the new does look smaller. But like I said they are working great I just wish I had gotten a 2.35's.Kenda is a great tire no matter the size. I have one bike with both neve's and one with a rear SB8 and front Neve. Thanks for the correction I did'nt notice the next larger size was 2.35. I just replaced with the same size.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts