Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Neato

SlipperyPete said:
http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?sku=25550

Is this just a beige colored SE Racing Stout?
but...

"Our design team chose burly, larger diameter 6061 Aluminum frame tubing to prevent the wicked harsh ride you get from most rigid singlspeed mountain bikes. "

Isn't oversized burly aluminum tubing exactly what causes a harsh ride?

·
Registered
676 Posts
pimpbot said:
but...

"Our design team chose burly, larger diameter 6061 Aluminum frame tubing to prevent the wicked harsh ride you get from most rigid singlspeed mountain bikes. "

That is what you get when your design team is fueled by communism, cigarettes and sake.

·
You know, for kids
1,570 Posts
The new SE Racing Stout is CroMo instead of the old aluminum version. Maybe Nashbar picked up the aluminum production of it. It looks the same as the aluminum Stout.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Did anybody notice the derailleur hanger and cable routing? It is "gear ready".
It is also "disk ready".
The top tubes are short, just buy the next size up.
I'd say this is an excellent offering by Nashbar.
It's way hipper than I thought they were capable of.

One more thing, it says it has a rear cassette hub, sweet.

·
808+909 = Party Good Time
2,072 Posts
baycat said:
Can you use wicked and harsh in the same sentence?
Not next to each other but I believe a more gramatical form would be "The wicked witch was having a harsh time at dinner with her partners family"

Oh yeah and it looks like a slightly upgraded 2008 Stout but not bad all the same...

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
madcap said:
The new SE Racing Stout is CroMo instead of the old aluminum version. Maybe Nashbar picked up the aluminum production of it. It looks the same as the aluminum Stout.
It is the debadged SE Racing Stout painted a different color. The spec is identical to the '08 version.

This is a pretty decent riding frame. Twenty Nine Inches tested one of the '07 models, the difference being that the '07 wasn't disc brake compatible and it had a 29"er version of a Landing Gear fork. Otherwise it is identical to this "new" offering.

·
Registered
820 Posts
BOAB said:
Kinda heavy for aluminum, my 21"MC29 doesn't weigh that much.
Word! If it's gonna be that freakin' heavy, it'd better be steel! I'd prefer a MC 29er also, but this is a seriously good attempt at a decent, affordable, trail ready SS. That color, though....:skep:

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
pimpbot said:
but...
not necessarily, large diameter ultra THIN walled tubing would still be decently compliant if designed properly (hey, for 450$ complete bike we all know where they cut their corners), but it'd also be largely susceptible to tube failures!

judging by the weight I'd say it's not exactly thin-gauge tubing. :D

neat bike... but that colour :rolleyes:
since when is "bland" the new black?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Cheap, heavy steel is harsh, Thick wall Alu is harsh but, you can park it in the rain for 10 years and, despite the paint falling off, it will be as strong as day 1.
Frame "comfort" is over rated. Tires is where it is at.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.