Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are proud to announce a new and informative article in our Spotlight section called the MTBR Lights Shine-Off!

We did some tests and comparison of the latest HID lights and a few other popular non-HID models as well.

Read the article here:

http://www.mtbr.com/spotlight/lightshootout/

Please post your opinions, comments or general thoughts about the article here!

Thanks for checking it out.

-gregg

·
Registered
9,440 Posts
Great article Gregg...

I am sure this will become one of those frequently viewed areas like the Brake FAQ area. Good to see that MTBR is still producing stuff that will help the inquiring minds.

TJ

gregg said:
We are proud to announce a new and informative article in our Spotlight section called the MTBR Lights Shine-Off!

We did some tests and comparison of the latest HID lights and a few other popular non-HID models as well.

Read the article here:

-gregg

·
Registered
61 Posts
Very Cool Stuff

gregg said:

Read the article here:

-gregg

GREAT COMPARISON PIECE!! The pictures of the light patterns is something you can't get anywhere else. Nice work.

·
34N 118W
2,246 Posts
what happpened to the SS FAQ sticky? Did I miss something?

Nice work on the lights guys. Very cool to see the visual comparison as well as all the data.

thanks!
HW

·
No relation
192 Posts
It's on the top right of the screen now...

Hollywood said:
what happpened to the SS FAQ sticky? Did I miss something?
And the post count just keeps on climbing...

·
The Top Cap Guy
952 Posts
The SS FAQ is still there - just now a link under the Singlespeed (top right of screen when viewing all the threads)....

Has that pink frame blinded you! ...lol

FF

·
34N 118W
2,246 Posts
thanks - I don't look at that part of my screen much.

I thought I'd see the frame today, but alas, more waiting...

Monday's date will be 5 months to the day since I faxed in the order sheet. How do they do that?

HW <-----would've been happy with 3 or 4 months to the day.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Lighting

I've got 2 BLT lights. A couple of years ago I bought one (can't remember the name) but it came with a small NiMH battery pack and I really like the light output, true to their advertising slogan it turns night into day - happy customer. Last year I bought a Gamma Ray and the thing is a major POS! I'm not happy with that light at all. Light output is the shite and it has this weirdo blue tint to it that actually hides a lot of hazzards on the trail. Not happy whatsover. It's barely passable as a commuter light for the roadway.

DobeManSS

·
highly visible
3,271 Posts
Hey, that's great stuff. Also makes me feel good about my TurboCat purchase (used to have the S10, just upgraded to 10/25W). Going to swap out a bulb to upgrade to 15/30W because their 15W bulbs are nearly twice as bright, and much whiter, than their 10Ws.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts