Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a long time coming, but I'm pretty excited about this.

A new MTBR.com classifieds are on the way that's based on this vB format, tied right into the MTBR forum member handle you already have. Super easy to use and most importantly...

a vintage bike and vintage parts category! :D :D

Take a look at the link below for more info on this upcoming change.
When it goes live, I'll most likely update our permalink (sticky) up top to be 'Classifieds' related along with some additional info and resources. It'll be an ongoing 'sticky' project, so bear with me.

In the mean time, please give me your feedback (as well as when it goes live) so that I can communicate this to the Admins.

https://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=260496

·
In FTF We Trust
1,815 Posts
That kind of looks like a combination of the current Classifieds and Ridemonkey's classified system. Looks like a winner. Good to hear about the VRC category too.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
el-cid said:
That kind of looks like a combination of the current Classifieds and Ridemonkey's classified system. Looks like a winner. Good to hear about the VRC category too.
Yeah, their forum and classifieds are vBulletin based as well....so navigation and feel will be basically the same.

I think this new format will really give the sellers a lot of options and a focused place for buyers to find vintage related mtb items.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
laffeaux said:
I'd be happy with a search function that worked. :(

This looks cool though.
Search function should work...though it lets you pick key words...so it may matter. :confused:

But just having VRC specific categories will cut out a great deal of the DH/FR stuff we're not interested in.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hollister said:
thought you mentioned something bout free.........(god im a cheap bastid)
Per Gregg:

"Pricing has not yet been decided, but during the beta-launch, placing a basic ad will be free, upgrading to highlighted (darker grey background) is $2.00, upgrading to bold is $2.00, and upgrading to italic is $2.00."

So free for a time, but who knows how long that will be.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hollister said:
any idea when this goes live?
I've been buggin' poor Gregg about it for a while. :p

I think it's pretty close to going live, but they're still working out some bugs. I don't want to give it a definitive time of launch and be way off. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.