Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
jcd's best friend
3,407 Posts
That's a straight up race bike. I would not recommend that one for a new rider. It's a lot of money for your first bike and plus it's an aggressive XC race bike!

What's your budget? I see you live in the PNW like me. I'm guessing you will ride a bit of rocky and rooted terrain with quite a bit of climbing. Luckily there are a lot of good hardtails and full suspension bikes that can handle the PNW! Let us know your budget and we can throw out some ideas.

·
jcd's best friend
3,407 Posts
Transition Bikes are very popular in our area because their HQ is in Bellingham. Kona is also another local and popular brand. Just about any Transition model will tackle our trails just fine. The Kona Process 153 would also be another nice bike too. Diamondback is also local (Kent, WA) and any of the Release bikes (full suspension), Sync'r (hardtail), and Mason (hardtail) would be a great start to ride on our trails.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.