Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday, may 15th will be the grand opening of a freeride park in Woodbury at the ski/skateboard park property. We need weekend volunteers over 18 who are interested in stunt building, not so much trail clearing. Sign up at nemtb.com and keep in touch.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[]D[][]v[][]D said:
I saw a sign for this in my LBS.....if i remember correctly it said XC trails as well. True?

undefinedthere will be xc trails, but more in the form of trials/xc as there is not an extensive woods trail network on the ski area property. It is on both sides of rte 47 though, and there will be many beginner level stunts which are perfect for a light dualie or hardtail as well as dirt jumps and 4x type courses(in the high banked tube runs) . I don't know about you but I wouldnt pay $15 to ride through the woods, unless there was a free 12 pack waitin at my car! This will be a good spot for training if you dont mind pedalling up the hills if you dont take the lift, and slowly working your way down through your own stunt line. I pedalled up my Kona primo on the steep side, its tiring but can be done easy enough. check out nemtb if you want to help out or have any good ideas about riding or stunt preferences.

·
mtbr member since 1996
1,170 Posts
I'll assume there is a fee to ride there?

I saw a flyer posted down in Trumbull. Sounds like a winner. As long as the fees are reasonable, stunts are good, and people are nice you should have plenty of folks there.

If there is a fee involved you might want to thing about offering free passes to folks who help out. Better yet, discount coupons that they can give to friends. You get the labor you need, they get a free day, and friends get a discount to try it out (I'll bet you get people who would not think about going unless they save a few bucks).

About time this area got something like that. Hopefully it will curtail the stuff going up on public lands (CT DEP has taken notice of this).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Freeride park volunteers

Hey hey!! All volunteers that help out with stunt building more than twice (2 full days) will be hooked up with free opening day passes..All volunteers will recive discount passes...

Also an official nemtb Trail Crew tee-shirt will be issued to volunteers at the start of the build day, to be worn while on the mountain, but retunted at the end of the buid day. On the final build day, the volunteers with the most time put in will recive a Trail Crew tee-shirt(limited supply)

We are working on a special package for volunteers that help out with the opening day event also.

Check www.nemtb.com for more details and to sign up......

Jeff

Attachments

·
mtbr member since 1996
1,170 Posts
Trail Crew said:
Also an official nemtb Trail Crew tee-shirt will be issued to volunteers at the start of the build day, to be worn while on the mountain, but retunted at the end of the buid day. On the final build day, the volunteers with the most time put in will recive a Trail Crew tee-shirt
So is that an incentive to put in the most hours or a deterant?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I cant come the opening weekend, but I will be there the second weekend. I am almost done my freeride hardtail, and I cant wait to start freerideing. Is there a lift? And are there season passes going to be available? I will try to head up there every weekend that I am free.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ghr7891 said:
I cant come the opening weekend, but I will be there the second weekend. I am almost done my freeride hardtail, and I cant wait to start freerideing. Is there a lift? And are there season passes going to be available? I will try to head up there every weekend that I am free.
yes and yes. we are working on the season pass prices now and we have a chairlift and 2 ropetows. A real freeride/trail bike would be ideal though, because you can pedal it up the smaller side and still be able to hit many jumps if you can ride o.k. The steeper side with the chairlift is better suited to downhill mbikes, because it is harder to pedal up, but do-able. Check out nemtb.com and click on the copyright on the homepage to check out a very small portion of the new park under construction. It is going to be a great summer for ct. freeriders!

·
mtbr member since 1996
1,170 Posts
calvinator said:
yes and yes. we are working on the season pass prices now and we have a chairlift and 2 ropetows. A real freeride/trail bike would be ideal though, because you can pedal it up the smaller side and still be able to hit many jumps if you can ride o.k. The steeper side with the chairlift is better suited to downhill mbikes, because it is harder to pedal up, but do-able. Check out nemtb.com and click on the copyright on the homepage to check out a very small portion of the new park under construction. It is going to be a great summer for ct. freeriders!
Couple questions...is it the kind of place that has a lot of stunts built around each other so you basically ride one, then walk to the next and wait your turn? Or is it a trail type design with flow so you can ride and hit stuff as it comes? If so, how long (milage and time) would one run take?

Also, the movies are in WMV...any chance of getting mpegs so us anti windows media player people can see them?

·
Registered
22 Posts
hey Doug, I should have some flash videos on the site soon. I tried making the movies in real player format but the audio doesn't sync up..

there will be areas with free standing stunts along with trails with stunts built in....

no too sure of the mileage yet might be around 4-5 miles in total.

with all this rain, the snow on the ski side must be mostly gone and we'll be able to start with the longer trails....

·
mtbr member since 1996
1,170 Posts
Trail Crew said:
hey Doug, I should have some flash videos on the site soon. I tried making the movies in real player format but the audio doesn't sync up..

there will be areas with free standing stunts along with trails with stunts built in....

no too sure of the mileage yet might be around 4-5 miles in total.

with all this rain, the snow on the ski side must be mostly gone and we'll be able to start with the longer trails....
How about simple, tried and true MPG? TMPGenc is free and the best out there. Download.com should have links to it.

Real player, WMV, and even flash all require specific codecs and software. If you do Mpg-1 (not mpeg2 or 4) it should play in about any player.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Outstanding

Im in the navy an been lookin for dirt trails an stunts an just some stuff to start training in the world of free riding i got mybike but havnt been able to find anyplace to ride this park sounds wicked sick were is it at?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was up there the other day. Most of the stunts are gone, just a skatepark with a bowl and a few stunts in the field across the road after the owner cleared land for tube runs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts