Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,
I am looking for a mtb for off road triathlon races, which consists of 30km mtb. It will be my first bike , but I am sure in time I will love to bike longer distances.

My question is between three bikes, I am sure there are much more options but I have to decide at one point.

1) https://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainb...ke.html?b=3282
2) https://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainb...ke.html?b=3171
3) Specialized Bicycle Components

My main question is should I go for a woman frame? I want to have a good performance on the races this is my priority.
thanks in advance

·
gobsmacked
8,757 Posts
Echoing Stripes, is it a real mountain biking segment or just off roading which you could do on a cross bike?

When you say you want to do it for longer distances, do you think you'll do more switchbacks, roots, rocks, singletrack or open fireroads?

And....congratulations! You're going to have a ton of fun unless you can't wear chamois!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm thinking that this is probably a cross country type of event. Probably no need for FS, BICBW.

Women's specific vs unisex.....you need one that fits, regardless of what that is. I ride a women's specific model & the frame is actually different from the unisex version (most are not different other than bars, seat, etc). There are plenty of women here that ride unisex frames & love them every bit as much. Try them on in the store, demo ride them & decide on the one that feels & fits best for you. Whether that's a unisex or women's model doesn't matter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Stripes: I hope you recover soon from your arch problem :( I can go up to 4k thats the price of Specialized Fate Expert. The Canyon is a German brand it is a internet dealer so that makes it better price for the value. Some of other friends comment was Canyon bikes have better equipments.

The terrain depends on the course, as far as I know it could be very technical. No cyclocross bikes aren't allowed in XTerra races it is really a mtb course!

@girlonbike: I will start with 30km race but in future sure I will like to ride longer
@hawkychick thanks, now I am more sure it doesn't have to be womens specific frame

1 - 5 of 5 Posts