Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who don't know, MRP has released a new enduro/all-mountain fork called the Ribbon. Read up on all the details here: Ribbon — MRP This seems to be one sweet fork, and a possible alternative to the Fox 34 for those of us who want to run a true 29+ tire/rim without resorting to a fork with an incredibly tall axle to crown height.

As stated, max 29er size for the 27.5+/29 chassis is stated to be 2.6" on a 35mm rim. Anyone have one of these things and can see what the clearance is for a 29x3.0" tire with a 40-45mm rim?

Here is a photo Noah the brand manager posted in the MRP Ribbon thread on the shocks/suspension forum, showcasing a 29x2.6 on a 30mm rim.

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
This has been something I've been wondering about too, I love my 27.5+ 34 (with MRP Ramp Ip cartridge) that I use on my Waltworks but the Ribbon really interests me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
This place needs an enema
15,606 Posts
Yes, with caveats. I'm pretty sure true 3" tires (Chupa, Minion) won't fit, but quasi 3" tires (DW, FBN) will.

Send an email direct to MRP and ask.

·
Registered
13,878 Posts
That pic shows space axle to arch but no info about side clearance. Should be good because it's a Plus fork.
I need the axle to arch measurement to compare.

·
Ambassador of Chub
2,827 Posts
@jringer81"There is plenty of space"

I guess we have a different definition of "plenty."

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
Hell yes. Thanks for sharing. I think I will be going with this setup with 35-38mm rims and waiting out for the 29x2.8 McFly tires. Will post pics once it's all together.
No problem at all. I must say that I wouldn't run true 3.0's in that fork, the clearance isn't sufficient for the mid we get for 5 months + of the year in the U.K. 2.8's should be ok especially on narrower rims as you mention. Looking forward to seeing how you get on... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
I'm with you on that, one decent sized piece of gravel and you'll be having a chance at working on your Superman impression :skep: For tooling about easy, yeah, for riding real trails at speed, not a chance.
@jringer81"There is plenty of space"
I guess we have a different definition of "plenty."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts