Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New Model | Made-In-The-USA | 29er AM HT | ZenFab

7K views 56 replies 21 participants last post by  Phinox 
I'm a very lucky guy, I've ridden the Ros9, the Sir9, and the new uber hot Specialized S-Works Enduro...a lot!

First of all the new EBB on the Niner's is bomber; never had a single issue after installation, zero-nada-zilch. Now the original EBB is a different creaking story altogether but the new is silent. I truly understand the concern of paying top shelf dollar for a hot new bike and 3 weeks in and it gets an annoying sound that you simply cannot stop long term; yes you could adjust the old EBB, grease it, tape it, etc. but before long it'd be back WEARING YOU OUT!!!

As far as the PF30 BB on the Enduro, yes some sizeable coin was thrown at it with a Chris King ceramic bearing model but its been nothing but as expected...maintenance free. With a bottom bracket area that massive the PF30 makes some sense to me.

In the end I too like the simplicity of the threaded BB but I now truly believe every manufacturer has their parts so dialed that while annoying that there's another new "standard" in the end it doesn't matter much; you build it, you ride it, you go home with a smile and never think about how the BB isn't your cup of tea.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.