Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Dr. Pepper drinker
1,638 Posts
rcharrette said:
Yea, thinking the same thing! Is Amassa Back clear? That ride sees a lot of sun.
I saw some pics from friends that rode Amasa yesterday. Looked like some small patches of snow but otherwise dry.

·
Desert Seeker
241 Posts
Yes, another warm day yesterday and today is heading towards the mid-50s in the valley. The Practice Loop on Slickrock was mostly free of snow yesterday; just a few sections with old, icy snow that was rapidly melting!

·
bike rider
5,568 Posts
I'm gonna camp Friday night but can someone recommend a really cheap hotel in the Fruita or Moab area that is dog friendly for Thursday night?

Is the Sovereign area drying up?

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Lelandjt said:
I'm gonna camp Friday night but can someone recommend a really cheap hotel in the Fruita or Moab area that is dog friendly for Thursday night?

Is the Sovereign area drying up?
What is "really cheap?"

Most hotels in Moab up their rates on March 1, so you are not going to find anything cheap at this point. For example, the Redstone, one of the cheaper places in Moab, just bumped their rate to $89/night. The Silver Sage Inn is generally the cheapest in Moab, so you can try them.

A less expensive option would be to stay in one of the little cabins at the Slickrock Campground or the KOA or one of the other campgrounds.

If you really want a hotel, Fruita is probably going to be cheaper right now.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I stayed in the LaQuinta for $80/night. But that was last Sept. Really nice. They just upgraded the rooms, and Dog friendly, with no pet deposit. Not sure if that qualifies as "really Cheap", but I'd rather spend a few extra bucks and not stay in a fleabag.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
zzsean said:
How is LPS? I don't mind riding some snow and would expect the notch and snotch to be pretty snowed in but is the rest buried as well? I'd assume that Porcupine would likely be pretty ok itself.
LPS would be great right now> on skis. Heard, what waist deep snow in the foothills there?

·
bike rider
5,568 Posts
That Super 8 is perfect though. I'll be making the drive Thursday night so I'll stay there on the way to Moab.

·
Dr. Pepper drinker
1,638 Posts
Lelandjt said:
That Super 8 is perfect though. I'll be making the drive Thursday night so I'll stay there on the way to Moab.
The Balanced Rock in Fruita is another cheap, dog friendly option. Might save you a few bucks over the Super 8 if you don't need the pool. I usually go ther if it's just me and the dog, if wife and child are with me we go for the Super 8.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts