Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hadn't seen this before today and thought I'd share. Kind of interesting, I like that they moved the side pods down lower, less "Mickey Mouse" looking ;)

Good price when you compared to the original MS. I'd be interested to see some beam shots, especially directly against the original.

I don't like that style of battery though (can style).

3x CREE 2400 Lumens XM-L T6 LED +2x XPE R2 LED Bike Bicycle Light 6400mAh | eBay

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
Yes, interesting about says it.

It does look a little better ( from the front ) than the original but I wonder if one of the smaller side lights will hit the stem if mounted close to the middle of the bars. :confused:

I do like that it includes a wired remote. It also claims to have a 6400mAh battery so maybe it's using a six cell battery(?). Anyway, not bad bang-for-the-buck$.

The downer to this is the outrageous lumen claim. Should be more like 1300 lumen. I have no idea where they come up with the 2400lm claim. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
679 Posts
The downer to this is the outrageous lumen claim. Should be more like 1300 lumen. I have no idea where they come up with the 2400lm claim. :rolleyes:
agreed. in their defense there is a measurement that exaggerates the lumen count, and then there is the proper one. i dont feel like searching for it but read it on another site.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't even look at those lumen claims, ESPECIALLY on ebay! lol!
DX and the other sites are bad enough, but it's just stupid what they put in those ebay ads!
I just ignore those numbers.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Obviously that's a knock off. I would run.

Here is the real updated Magic Shine version with a claimed 1800 lumens. BrightStone Sports in NC

If you do get this (and jeez really for $129 not a bad deal) make sure to get the optional all new Samsung 5200mAh battery pack for the extra $25. Nice pack.

MagicShine MJ-816E LED Bike Light Set

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Obviously that's a knock off. I would run.

Here is the real updated Magic Shine version with a claimed 1800 lumens. BrightStone Sports in NC

If you do get this (and jeez really for $129 not a bad deal) make sure to get the optional all new Samsung 5200mAh battery pack for the extra $25. Nice pack.

MagicShine MJ-816E LED Bike Light Set
Yes, it's so obvious that I didn't think it needed to be said.:p

Not sure why you'd "run". I've got a couple MS "knockoffs" (not the one being discussed in this thread) and for the most part I'm quite happy with them, especially considering what I paid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.