Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, just got back from 3 days of riding around Santa Fe and all I can say is it was tough to come back. We started out by riding Rio En Medio trail which is amazing! Miles of singletrack with multiple waterfalls and tech sections plus plenty of fast swoopy stuff. It was over too quick but that meant it was time for some local cuisine; green chile tamales and beer :yesnod: After dinner we headed to Pajarito resort to set up camp and be ready to ride Sat morning. Got up Sat and headed to the ski lift, we were even able to ride trails from the campsite and hit some jumps on the way (one of them hit back though :lol:). Rode all day Sat and still didn't see everything since we spent too much time playing on the stunts. There are so many great logrides and jumps that you get distracted pretty easily. We met some of the local builders who were kind enough to invite us to a BBQ at their place. Had some more great food & beer then watched the latest video of some local riding; good stuff. Sun was more of the same but we had the lines a bit more dialed in so speeds were higher. Of course that also meant we had some crashes but nothing serious. We got some more good pix and video, just have to work on the video part (sorry, it may take a bit). Anyhow, if you're looking for an alternative to Sunrise then Pajarito gets my vote.
Edit; almost forgot, rest of the pix are here;http://picasaweb.google.com/kenbentit/NewMexicoTrip

Attachments

·
No Clue Crew
7,708 Posts
Very cool. Is it close enough to town that you could stay if you didn't want to camp? Are the trails marked and easy to locate or do you need a local guide? Nice pics.
d

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
AKA Monkeybutt said:
Sweet! We should plan a trip. Did you guys see the girls pics from Cali? I need to start riding some of these places.
Ya monkey we need to get out more and get some miles on some singletrack in different states. Besides some of my racing dates I'm gonna look into setting some for Moab, Pajarito & Bryce. We'll see :) .

·
Basura Blanca
1,799 Posts
They've finally got the trails marked well enough that a guide is not necessary. And the ski area is only 10 minutes from town. Note that they only run the lifts something like every other weekend, so check the schedule at skipajarito.com before you make plans.
- Joe

Blatant said:
Very cool. Is it close enough to town that you could stay if you didn't want to camp? Are the trails marked and easy to locate or do you need a local guide? Nice pics.
d

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Total drive was about 9hrs; 8 to Santa Fe then an hour to the resort. We weren't exactly trying to pull the typical deathmarch though, stopped 4 or 5 times for a break.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
honemastert said:
very cool.. thanks for posting those photos and writeup!

We have friends that live up near there and work @ LANL.
Might be time for a summer visit! :thumbsup: Long drive
though.
concidering the amount and diveristy of riding......worth every minute of driving. just remember Los Alamos IS Mayberry.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.