Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just sold my Intense 6.6 so a new bike was in order. The 6.6 is avery nice bike indeed but I was not using it to its full potential, I decided it was time to revert back to a hardtail.

I walked into my LBS to get the 6.6 packed up so that I could send it on it's way to the new owner, and hanging from the ceiling was a medium Viscious Cylcles Metal Guru. Needless to say after a quick look at the quality of the frame and the very nice paint work she is mine. It should be together by today or tomorrow. I am going to be putting on a Fox F100rlc, Mavic SLR's and a mixture of Shimano LX \XT stuff as I got a great deal on them. I also got a very good deal on the Mavic SLR's, but would've gone with them anyway. I have only been able to find a few reviews of the frame and they seem pretty good. I will post pics once it is together.

If anyone has experience with these frames I would love to hear about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
im going to be getting a metal guru custom geometry. just wanted to know where the bottle opener on your frame is located? also, let me know how it has been.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Bottle opener is on the non driveside chainstay. I am very happy with the bike. I have it set up as a 1x9 and pretty light for a steel bike. I ride it daily as I work from home and can get out and ride whenever. It is a very good all rounder. I know that all evidence in magazines and reviews suggest that a full suspension bike performs as well if not better than a hardtail, but I wanted to go back to a hardtail and I am very glad I did. It climbs well handles a variety of conditions very well and is very comfortable for extended rides. Going back to a steel hardtail for me has achieved exactly what i wanted which was to simplify the bike and enjoy riding as I used to many years ago.

I am sure that you will be very happy with yours too. Post some pics and feedback once you get it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts