Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a new member here at mtbr and have been using some of the reviews to upgrade current and future components. I bought a 2005 Specialized Hard Rock Sport Disc brand new in the summer of '05, and since have put hundreds of off-road miles on it. I use it as a daily rider. I have recently put some Mavic Crossride wheels, Bontrager (Easton EA70 Aluminum) flat bar, and Crankbrothers Smarty pedals on it. I would like to get new lightweight tires, stem, seatpost, saddle, and drivetrain components. Any suggestions? Any comments on the bike are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

- Zach

Attachments

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Hey mate, great that you've got the bug.

Honest opinion is this

the hardrock is a capable but heavy frame, the RST forks are rubbish at best. I'd keep it as is and have a look out for one of the many close out full bike deals out there. You will be amazed at how much bike you can get for your money.

Certainly you can upgrade what you have. I'd absolutely do the forks and tires first.

But I am not sure it is cost effective. Everyone here has probably been in the same position, I know I have and I can vouch for the fact that the advice I've given was the best advice I received. Never looked back.

Now I own a hard tail, a light all mountain rig and a dh monster

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.