Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built her up with parts mostly from my 06 very dead Stumpjumper. So far so good after a quick 7 mile "test run". Best of all, no regrets yet about going back to a hard tail! The build is as follows:

• 09 Large Chameleon
  • OEM Fox Talas 130-110-90 (Warranty replacement from Fox)
  • Chris King Headset
  • XTR Rear Derrailer and XT Front Derrailer with XT Trigger Shifters
  • XT Crankset
  • Easton XC one Wheelset
  • Answer Pro Carbon Handlebar
  • Juicy 7 brakes 160 Rear and 185 Front
  • Thomson stem and seat post on the way...
[/LIST]

Looking forward to getting back on the trails after 6 months away!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
ohhhhh thats sure is a purdy bike!!! :thumbsup: I am envious, I like that bleu alot, I have an 06 Gangreen but I have toyed with the idea of selling that frame and getting an 09, but I'll probably stick with what I ve got :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments!

As far as the weight, I am not sure as I do not have bike scale and have not had a chance to get her to the shop for a proper weigh in. I imagine that I am around 26-28 lbs as I had my 2006 Stumpy at around 27 lbs and this is pretty much the same build and the Chameleon is actually a slightly lighter frame. I also have wider and heavier tires mounted right now. I may go back to 2.1 Nevegals for the "drier" months in SoCal. (It really does rain in San Diego! :rolleyes: )

Many thanks to Santa Cruz for really being the only game in town for this type of bike. The frame looks stunning and it is everything I read about and more!!! Thanks to MTBR reviews for swaying my purchase!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Congrats on the build looks awsome. I have been thinking about building up a hardtail again and cant decide on a frame leaning toward a chameleon but I may go steel for once.:confused: idk i guess the $$$ will decide when the time comes.:) for now im ripping a new blt2 and lovin it!

Post a little review after you get a couple rides on it id like to know what you think of it.

Enjoy:cool:

B

·
0 Posts
Benster,

Your chameleon looks great. I have two Hecklers, a Nomad and a older hardtail (not Santa Cruz). I still have an absolutely FUN time on my hardtail, which has it's own type of riding charm, if you know what I mean. As much fun as my other bikes (until I get into an extended section of babyhead rocks)...

Anyhow, we need a ride report soon. Have fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts